Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
For some reason, the pictures I take with my Iphone always upload upside down. I've went into the photos stored on my computer and actually rotated the pictures until they are upside down thinking when GTT uploaded them it would cause them to be right side up. That didn't work either, they still uploaded upside down or at least that's the way they appear in the "Preview Post".

Is there anyway to place a "rotate image" editor in the uploading software? Or another way around this problem? Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I use Windows Photo Viewer. If it is in the correct orientation for that I have not had any problems with photos posting incorrectly.

·
Registered
149 Posts
1) Click the "Manage Attachments" button under the text window.

2) When the new window opens, click the "Browse" button, another window opens where you navigate to the picture files stored on your computer.

3) When you find the file, click it (it turns color) then click the "Open" button in the lower right corner.

4) Your selected file should now appear in the Manage Attachments window. You can repeat step 2 and 3 three more times for a total of 4 pictures at a time. You can attach up to 15 pictures per post. The maximum file sizes are noted at the bottom of the Manage Attachments window.

If you get a "file too large" error, you will have to re-size the pictures with another program like IrfanVeiw or PhotoShop. If you are taking pictures with a newer digital camera, then you can set it to take smaller pictures so you can skip the re-sizing step.​

Thanks, I'm normally posting on my phone though so don't know if that works the same but i'll get it figured out. thanks again.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pictrues will not Attach

I have in the past been able to upload pictures to my posts. I recently tried to attach a picture many times. Even created a new post with no luck. I took a picture from my phone and camera as well and they will not upload. The server times out every time. It is driving me nuts. I am not the best computer person, but I get by. Help!

Dennis

·
Administrator
16,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Dennis, can you tell us the procedure your using and what phone you have? Are you doing this from you phone or computer, you mentioned both?

All seems "well" here, here's an inline one:
Wishing-Well.jpg

And here is a regular attachment:

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
I took a picture with my cannon power shot camera and Droid Turbo Cell Phone. I down loaded pictures from both to my computer.

I try to upload pictures I have posted before and keep getting this response ; Request Time-out

Server timeout waiting for the HTTP request from the client.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Is there a way to post a short (2 minute or so) video directly from my computer without using youtube, etc.?

·
Administrator
16,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
No Lowell, GTT does not/can not host videos.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I use Windows Photo Viewer. If it is in the correct orientation for that I have not had any problems with photos posting incorrectly.
Randy -

One of the problems that I've found while attempting to upload photos to GTT is the large file sizes. the .jpeg upload limit on GTT is 1.95 MB. The two photos that I uploaded on a post today were taken from my wife's Samsung Android phone; they were 5.82 and 10.2MB, respectively, on the phone. We shared them on her Facebook page; then to my surprise and great relief, when I right mouse clicked the photos on FB, it gave me the option to save the photos to my "my pictures" file folder on my laptop. The 5.82 and 10.2 MB photo files compressed to 199 and 216kb, respectively, and the resolution on GTT is fine. I did not want to have to purchase more software just to compress photo files; this now gives me more $$$ for farm toys!!!

I'm hoping that this newfound hack helps others and that we get more photos uploaded...

Brian

·
Administrator
16,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Randy -

One of the problems that I've found while attempting to upload photos to GTT is the large file sizes. the .jpeg upload limit on GTT is 1.95 MB. The two photos that I uploaded on a post today were taken from my wife's Samsung Android phone; they were 5.82 and 10.2MB, respectively, on the phone. We shared them on her Facebook page; then to my surprise and great relief, when I right mouse clicked the photos on FB, it gave me the option to save the photos to my "my pictures" file folder on my laptop. The 5.82 and 10.2 MB photo files compressed to 199 and 216kb, respectively, and the resolution on GTT is fine. I did not want to have to purchase more software just to compress photo files; this now gives me more $$$ for farm toys!!!

I'm hoping that this newfound hack helps others and that we get more photos uploaded...

Brian
The forum software should auto compress large files for you, for example this one shows as 8.05mb when I view the properties of it. Here it is inline...

20160416_085527.jpg

Sorry for the color :laugh:

·
Administrator
16,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
And as an attachment...

File size.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Noe still doesn't work.

I have been able in the past to post pictures in a post. But now no more.

I do just what Kenny wrote and all I get is an attachment in the manage area but nothing in the post. If I use the incert pic button on the post edit bars all I get is a link which if you click it you get a very large pic.
Like this

bucket dentures.jpg

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Steve

·
Registered
20,787 Posts
I have been able in the past to post pictures in a post. But now no more.

I do just what Kenny wrote and all I get is an attachment in the manage area but nothing in the post. If I use the incert pic button on the post edit bars all I get is a link which if you click it you get a very large pic.
Like this

View attachment 190794

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Steve
Are you placing your cursor where you want the image inserted before you click the insert image button?

I just came from posting images in a post and it worked fine.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'll try it again

Lets see what happens

A Picture: bucket dentures.jpg

I placed the curser where I wanted the pic. Then pressed the insert image button, selected the pic on my computer, pressed upload and the above is what I get. Not the pic but the link to it.

Steve

·
Administrator
16,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Testing for Steve:

Don't Grow Up.jpg

Working fine here...

·
Registered
20,787 Posts
I did notice something yesterday - while I have no problems from my PC, when I tried to upload a pic from my iPad (not using that tap talk thing) I got a pop us saying my image size exceeded the limit - the limit is 1024x968. The went to my PC and the same pic uploaded just fine.

·
Administrator
854 Posts
Hey Steve,

We took a look at the image in question you're trying to upload here, seems to be a fairly large image. Try resizing it down and upload again.

Dayle

41 - 60 of 96 Posts