Green Tractor Talk banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Photos

And of course I posted to the wrong thread...
i phone and upload from my computer
Colony Park - Thank you! ...as I struggle with this.:dunno:

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I don't have a smart phone . Can I post pics from my e-mail ?
Not directly, they would have to be saved to your PC first, then uploaded to the forum as explained in the first posts.

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Guys,
It’s just related to all the other issues that are going on, there are many threads already describing all of them ...I know it’s difficult but we need to be patient until VS can sort out all these issues.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Picture orientation - MAC OS

If trying to attach an image from Photos and it is oriented in the wrong direction, drag the photo to the desktop. Then, attach the image as an insert picture. In some cases, after I dragged the picture to the desktop, I edited it by rotating it 360 degrees and closing it before I attached the image.

·
Administrator
1,069 Posts
If trying to attach an image from Photos and it is oriented in the wrong direction, drag the photo to the desktop. Then, attach the image as an insert picture. In some cases, after I dragged the picture to the desktop, I edited it by rotating it 360 degrees and closing it before I attached the image.
Hello there

This happens because the forum software is unable to read the EXIF data that is imprinted on the photo when you take it.

The EXIF data holds a lot of information, which includes orientation of your photo. Many programs are able to read this, and that is why you see it displayed upright in some places, but many others still are not.

This is a good article that explains all of this: https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why-your-photos-dont-always-appear-correctly-rotated/

The gist of it is, the phones are designed to work like a digital camera. Holding your digital camera flat, in landscape, is the 'base line'. Developers used this 'base line' in the following way for mobile devices:

Apple users: hold your phone with your VOLUME buttons DOWN.

Android users: hold your phone with your HOME button to the RIGHT.

The only way around it is, either hold your phones the way the developers decided you should, OR you can open the photos in an Editing program (not the viewer), and save them in the correct orientation (you might need to rename them, and crop off a pixel or two, to make sure a change is recognized).

Hope that helps!

Ed

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have no problem using "our" procedure in other forums to post pictures. I put the file/pic into the manage attachments window and it is fine using "Browse". Then I scroll over to "Upload" and it just sits there. The color on the button doesn't change and nothing happens. Have triggered the button and then waited several hours and nothing happens...….HELP PLEASE :banghead::banghead:

·
Administrator
20,681 Posts
What browser and device are you using? Can you try a different browser? I’ve not had so match as a wink with Firefox unless the site has an issue. And right now the site is running pretty well. (Knocks on every piece of wood within a square mile....)

·
Registered
15 Posts
What browser and device are you using? Can you try a different browser? I’ve not had so match as a wink with Firefox unless the site has an issue. And right now the site is running pretty well. (Knocks on every piece of wood within a square mile....)
Using Surface Pro 4 Tablet and my browser is Microsoft Edge.....Right now am checking on the size of the pics. The same thing is happening when I try to post an Avatar pic.

Just resized a pic to post of my tractor. It is now 300 KB and yes, a JPG......The upload button when I touch it changes from black to blue but nothing really happens...…...But then, as witnessed below, …….SHAZAM!!! The pic is there...……..

Attachments

81 - 96 of 96 Posts