Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have deere's skidsteer adapters, how do I remove the pin below, which is pretty worn out anyways?

Organism Terrestrial plant Vegetation Grass Flowering plant

Green Blue Asphalt Road surface Grass

Registered
That should work too.

You could cut pin in a few places with sawsall/hacksall..... still gotta get that weld gone and pound it out or whichever way it wants to go.

With a bit of luck that weld is more surface than penetrating.

If like above mentioned ...all that is scrap.

cut the pin or cut around that weld in a U shape..and ditch all that Gar'bage'

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, sawzall and grinder it is. This is the reason I also have a corded sawzall - no dead battery.

Reactions: theduke

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On second thought, it isn't that much work after all.
Simply pull the pin at the other end of that link. But I'll have to make a couple links to replace the now 'missing links'.
I'm also going to have to clean up the timing bar so it fits in the pristine bearing on the new part (above).
Green Road surface Asphalt Grass Wood

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4 of link 3, 2 of pin 5. I'll look at what mother Deere's price is, then contemplate fabrication or $$$$.
It looks like a set of link 13 in the picture would complete total restoration of my loader.

The link 13 in the picture looks reinforced over what I have now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
a 1 inch hitch pin is vastly cheaper than one of deeres pins. any reason to spend 10x the price?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It would appear you need link #3 (W47372) and associated parts for Loader Boom - ST406406
So , I have a new set of 4 link #3, and got them put on one side no problem, but on the other side getting link #13 to line up is a problem.
It was off so far the taper on the pin didn't quite line up. But I haven't been able to tweak it over that last 1/4 inch it get the pin through yet.
What part might be bent? end of cylinder? #2 loader arm?
I didn't buy a set of 2 new #13 and 2 #12, yet. But I am not sure that if I had those that it would even help.

I noticed there are holes on 12 and 13 that I can put a bolt through to help hold it and pull it together, which I think will work. (if I get that taper started - how hard should I be pounding?)
I have some nice 1/2" threaded rod that I would have thought perfect, but 7/16 is all the bigger that will fit though them, and I am out at the moment.

View attachment 855772

Premium Member
Those welds though :oops:

Registered
I missed that part...whut welds?

must see stuff...........

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The picture in the OP shows my fine welding skills. All that is removed, and it is mostly all new with the links talked about being bought new.

Reactions: Kbar
1 - 15 of 15 Posts