Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here goes,,,quality is excellent, install easy, but how does it work. For digging it's somewhat better. Slices roots up to 1" dia. And picks up roots and rocks very well. Protects the front of the bucket. It's not a rake, though it does back drag well. Also was able to attach my hitch receiver. Again, a step up. Give it a thumbs up.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
Thanks for the review!

Before someone asks, here is the link: Tooth Bar

Reactions: Green Man

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
Where did you get a hitch mount like that?
X2, I did something like that today to move the snowmobile trailer, I used two C-clamps and the receive off the truck.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thanks for the information boatdesigner! I've been thinking about a tooth bar for some time and really like the design of the piranha tooth bar and have always been curious how it really works for folks. Keep us posted on any additional feedback / thoughts that you have about it. :thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Boatdesigner's hitch looks a lot sturdier than the Northern Tool hitch.
The ones I posted were the only ones I had handy... Do we know where Boatdesigner got his? I came across some similar looking brands in a Google frenzy one night and forgot to save the links.

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Those look interesting and much sturdier than the Northern Tool hitch and the specs are better as well.

What does everyone think about these types of hitches and attaching them to your bucket?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
What does everyone think about these types of hitches and attaching them to your bucket?
I personally would not recommend it. I do it from time to time but don't like to do it. Bending the bucket is always a concern and God knows I've done that plenty of times.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gizmo, some common sense must apply. I've used this hitch for my boat and dump trailer to about 3000lbs and have 0 problems. No bucket bending. I always have an implement on the rear so it's not practical to use a rear hitch for a quick move. No I wouldn't try moving 10k. But for general needs it works good.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
Gizmo, some common sense must apply. I've used this hitch for my boat and dump trailer to about 3000lbs and have 0 problems. No bucket bending. I always have an implement on the rear so it's not practical to use a rear hitch for a quick move. No I wouldn't try moving 10k. But for general needs it works good.
That is it in a nutshell, but in regards to tractors and the use of same. Too many new to the tractor world for me to recommend something like that.

·
Premium Member
13,006 Posts
I personally would not recommend it. I do it from time to time but don't like to do it. Bending the bucket is always a concern and God knows I've done that plenty of times.
What is the consensus on the various clamp-on digging implements that various companies offer? RatchetRake has the "Rip and Dig" and BucketSolutions offers a 18" clamp-on Quick Attach Spade.

Rip-n-Dig.jpg Spade.jpg

These look like very useful tools but these two in particular seem very prone to bending the bottom of the bucket.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update

After using this for some serious digging in rocky soil and stubborn clay I can say that my appreciation is growing. It also protects my bucket and just makes things easier. No damage to bar, very well built. Will have to take off for snow season.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts