Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really on t he fence post about buying this item at first. I was afraid it would bend, interfere with the front edge of the bucket when back dragging and over all would not hold up to what I put a bucket through. I have dings in the edge of my bucket from digging/moving rocks and such. For the price I did not want to try something to have it fail.

Well, let me tell you. It was well worth the purchase. First off, this thing is heavy, heavier than my bucket edging. It was easy to put on and everything I needed came with the unit. I had the step drill so I did not need that. All the fears I had went away after I spent 3 hours digging into a rock pile with some boulders large enough not to fit into my 61" bucket. I dug and dug and figured I would put it through the test. A few weeks ago I had dug out some stumps that had several roots that were still coming out of the ground, this would have made it hard to mow. After digging through the rocks, this thing kept it's edge sharp enough to cut those roots off at ground level. I looked carefully at the bar once I was finished and got back to the garage. NOT A DING ONE. I actually think it got sharper. Not a broken tooth nor even a bend. Paint was never wore off.

Fast forward - I had to level my sisters yard up from some work that was done to it earlier in the year. Her ground is made up of Hard clay/shale. This stuff is tuff, it is not quite shale but yet has the clay texture to it. Formerly my bucket would not dig this stuff up without me using the BH first. I dug right into the ground and the tractor never cringed, cut through it like butter. I then used the bucket edge at a sharp angle to cut into the ground and pull back to level some high spots. With the teeth cut like they are it made it easy to cut into the dirt and pull back what I needed. I then finished up by angling the bucket and back dragging to make everything level. Once completed I used the edge to make rows into the dirt so when she sows grass seed it would be easy to cover up.

So if you are contemplating digging a lot of dirt/rocks with your bucket, this will be an item you will want to add to your birthday list. I am very pleased with this bar. It is expensive, but again most things are due to engineering, design and price to make them. Sorry no pictures. I was in hurry each time and did not have my phone with me.

And the caveats. I do not know BXpanded and do not work for them. I am your average Joe with a JD 2032r 1rth gen, that has a lot of work to do since buying this farm. Something like this makes life easier. Thank you BXpanded for a quality product.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
This is all good to see! I bought mine but haven't installed it yet. I guess it's time to get off my butt!

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I strongly second the positive review. I love mine. It's tough as nails, and cuts through scrub and small trees like nothin.

It's not expensive when compared to what JD wants for a lesser tooth bar.

-J.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Mine stays on the bucket. Day after I got it I put it on and it's still there.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Thanks everyone I ordered mine today :gizmo::gizmo: there it goes

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
X2 on what Jer said.

Doug

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is all good to see! I bought mine but haven't installed it yet. I guess it's time to get off my butt!
Once you get it on you will be kicking your butt wishing you had done it earlier.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone I ordered mine today :gizmo::gizmo: there it goes
If you do any digging with your FEL it will pay for itself. I cannot believe how much it changed my bucket digging. Normally I scratch and paw and angle the blade just to get below the grass line. Not with this bar on. Yesterday evening I used it just for that, to skim across the grass, just below the roots line and removed all the grass to the dirt with no problems.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I agree with everything you said in your great review! I've used mine quite a bit and it is well worth the price. It is funny how it seems to get sharper with use. And I can say from experience it is sharp enough to cut you:laugh:

·
Registered
837 Posts
I bought one a couple of months ago and that thing cuts through very nasty brush like its not even there. Pulls them out roots and all. I still have to stop and back up sometimes to make sure it actually dug them out because it does it so smoothly.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
My tooth bar came yesterday :yahoo::yahoo: I can't get to it till weekend. What size hole to I need to drill in bucket. Thanks

·
Registered
11,643 Posts
That Piranha is one of my favorite aftermarket parts on my 1025.
You guys won't be disappointed.
:good2:nope-when i installed the toothbar i made-it made the biggest world of difference in how it dug dirt-or about just everything. a wonderful mod. to a fellas tractor.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Amen!

I strongly second the positive review. I love mine. It's tough as nails, and cuts through scrub and small trees like nothin.

It's not expensive when compared to what JD wants for a lesser tooth bar.

-J.
x2 for me. On larger HP tractors, PTB makes it like a dozer for clearing brush!!!

Tim

·
Registered
763 Posts
I ordered mine over the weekend...the website noted it could be a two week delay due to a company relocation. I am looking forward to installing the bar, as I have lots of work for it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts