Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
My tooth bar came yesterday :yahoo::yahoo: I can't get to it till weekend. What size hole to I need to drill in bucket. Thanks
According to their website (look under the Q&A tab), the bolt size is 5/8". When I bought my pirahna, I bought the step drill bit with it. That thing drills right through the bucket no problem. I think I drilled to 3/4", but not 100% sure on that.
http://bxpanded.com/piranha-toothbar

·
Registered
837 Posts
Is the Piranha Tooth Bar just made of cold rolled steel or is it made out of abrasive resistant steel like. COR 10? Don't want it to wear out quickly.
I'm not sure what it is made out of but you'll wear out many other parts on the tractor before that toothbar will show any wear.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Haven't opened the box yet but it's heavy. I know a guy who has had one for a while and they are very well made. You won't wear it out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
lenght of bar

I ordered mine over the weekend...the website noted it could be a two week delay due to a company relocation. I am looking forward to installing the bar, as I have lots of work for it.
Hey 356. I see that you have a D160 bucket what size did you order? I have a D160 and want to buy me a bar fro mine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I recently installed the Piranha Tooth Bar and here is my review:

Digging: It's like using a sharp steak knife vs. a butter knife to cut a good steak. Much easier with the bar and worth the cost if digging were the only improvement.

BUT! Where this thing really shines is pushing up saplings and small trees. When I pushed up against trees down low, the teeth "bit" into the trunk and I pushed them over and up, roots and all with no digging required. Amazing!

This past summer I killed hundreds of small, 2"-5" sweet gum trees. The bar did not do as well pushing those over and up because since the tree trunk is dead the wood is hard and the teeth won't "bite" into it. Of course it pushes them over, but the dead ones usually just break off near the ground.

Overall, I'm really impressed with the extra work I can do with this bar. As others have said, I wish I had purchased it a long time ago. It's probably now a permanent addition to my loader bucket.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just got mine in. Took about one month from my initial order. Was a little nervous as they did not respond to my e-mails requesting an ETA. They did answer my phone call though and true to their word it arrived 2 days later. Haven’t put it on yet but I can tell you already it is one solid hunk of metal. Looking forward to using it on my hard-packed clay/shale/rocky ground.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Have fun

Just got mine in. Took about one month from my initial order. Was a little nervous as they did not respond to my e-mails requesting an ETA. They did answer my phone call though and true to their word it arrived 2 days later. Haven’t put it on yet but I can tell you already it is one solid hunk of metal. Looking forward to using it on my hard-packed clay/shale/rocky ground.
It surely is a heavy chunk of steel. FWIW, my experience is it is great for land clearing but maybe not as good for digging as some of the other styles. Don't get me wrong, it's much better than the flat factory edge but not as good as a more "toothy" version. I think you will enjoy it.

Treefarmer

21 - 28 of 28 Posts