Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are buying 2 3/4 acres and are due to close mid Oct. My wife works for JD so we are in process of buying a 1025R. We are getting the loader and a 60" deck.

Question: this property has a lot of vines and small brush, has anyone put a piranha cutting bar on their bucket?

P.S. Lots of great info here!:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
18,466 Posts
Welcome to GTT, I made your question a new thread, it was not really relevant to the one you posted in.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
The wife and I are buying 2 3/4 acres and are due to close mid Oct. My wife works for JD so we are in process of buying a 1025R. We are getting the loader and a 60" deck.

Question: this property has a lot of vines and small brush, has anyone put a piranha cutting bar on their bucket?

Congrats on your purchase, time will stand still while you wait!!
Up near the right hand corner type piranha and you will get this!!! Lots of information, some may even be useful! :flag_of_truce::thumbup1gif: (I kid!!!!)

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
I would take a wild guess that at least half the 1-series owners here have one.

And a lot of us 2-series owners too! :laugh:

It's an awesome add on. As simple as it is, it turns digging with that loader into a whole new ball game. :kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Registered
23,256 Posts
And a lot of us 2-series owners too! :laugh:

It's an awesome add on. As simple as it is, it turns digging with that loader into a whole new ball game. :kidw_truck_smiley:
I outfitted my tractor in the dark ages - before thngs like Piranha and Ken’s hooks existed.

·
Premium Member
15,028 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:wgtt:

Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
254 Posts
The piranha bar is probably the best attachment on the market today for grubbing up light brush and vegetation in my opinion. I have one on my 420 FEL on my JD 4310 and use it constantly for grubbing out autumn olive and small jack pines on the property.

I have a grapple and the tooth bar is much faster and easier to uproot brush with to the point where I remove all the brush with the tooth bar and then go back with the grapple later to collect all the uprooted brush for disposal. Honestly if I would have gotten the piranha bar first I highly doubt I would have ever bought a grapple.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Piranha tooth bar is one of the best aftermarket parts i installed on my tractor. :good2:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,276 Posts

Probably a better question would be, who hasn't put one on?! :dunno:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
Welcome to GTT milligjg.

Reactions: Robnik and Levi

·
Registered
929 Posts
The answer to your question is Yes.
Yes, you want a Piranha tooth bar.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Another "yes" vote. I use mine for weeds/brush, aggressive dirt work and road-bed work. You will find several helpful Youtube's that will show how owners are using the Piranha bars to get the most from their tractors.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I wouldn't use my loader without it.

Reactions: Levi and PJR832
1 - 14 of 14 Posts