Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, now that I'm re-debating the Diverter for my tractor I decide to poke around on JDParts...found a "pistol grip" for the loader controls on both the Cabbed and OS versions of the 4x20's...seeing as how the actual loader lever is the same on both 3x and 4x Cabbed machines at least, this should work fine for either...

#2,6 & 7

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
That is the handle I installed on my 4110, they first used these on the 110TLB's. I paid about $170 for it and had to machine my own adapter on the lathe. You MUST use relays with it since it only has a small membrane switch in it. Mine controls my horn and diverter-but I do have a regular EH valve to replace the diverter as soon as I find the time.

Can post pictures later if needed.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I was told by JD engineering (via sales guy) that they aren't approved for non-cabbed used as they're worried about 'environmental damage'. I think it'll be fine, and I think Kenny can attest to it being fine.

-Jer.

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
I was told by JD engineering (via sales guy) that they aren't approved for non-cabbed used as they're worried about 'environmental damage'. I think it'll be fine, and I think Kenny can attest to it being fine.

-Jer.

That makes ZERO sense. As I pointed out, it's the same handle used on the 110TLB and they are open-station except for the canopy. I have had mine apart to replace the wire (the one included is very short and would not reach my relays) and make the adapter, the switch itself is fully sealed/potted.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
That make ZERO sense. As I pointed out, it's the same handle used on the 110TLB and they are open-station except for the canopy. I have had mine apart to replace the wire (the one included is very short and would not reach my relays) and make the adapter, the switch itself is fully sealed.
Kenny hath attested......!!!!

I think it was JD's way of trying to get me to go away and stop asking them about a kit that they advertise, but doesn't actually exist.

-Jer.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Jer,
I have that setup on my 110 and it works well, just work out the bugs you have. About Deere there is so much CYA going on today it stfles the people wanting to be creative, you should go for it I say.:thumbup1gif:

I would venture to say that if I find a real need for several circuits in the future I would not hesitate to add the power beyond to my 4520 along with a multi spool electro hydraulic valve. I wouldn't wait for Deere to offer it cause it may never happen.

Right now I have all three circuits run to the rear of my tractor and still need one more if I want full control of a rear blade.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Jer,
I have that setup on my 110 and it works well, just work out the bugs you have. About Deere there is so much CYA going on today it stfles the people wanting to be creative, you should go for it I say.:thumbup1gif:

I would venture to say that if I find a real need for several circuits in the future I would not hesitate to add the power beyond to my 4520 along with a multi spool electro hydraulic valve. I wouldn't wait for Deere to offer it cause it may never happen.

Right now I have all three circuits run to the rear of my tractor and still need one more if I want full control of a rear blade.
I've done it.... look at the "My new circuits" post....

-Jer.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Kennyd and all, when you run relays from the switches do you put free wheeling diodes on the coils of the relay for better contact life on the switch?

Pete

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
Kennyd and all, when you run relays from the switches do you put free wheeling diodes on the coils of the relay for better contact life on the switch?

Pete

I did not...but know all about it from my early electronics days. I simply forgot all about it at the time. But, this gets fairly low usage so I am not worried-I may add it in the future if I am in there doing wiring for something else.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One thing I wanted to mention...Brian and I were comparing notes yesterday in regards to the Loader control arm and we discovered something that applies to the cabbed machines...
Apparently the late 2010, and all 2011+ machines...(we speculate they just used the 2011 parts on the late 2010 machines like Brian's)....use a new shorter Loader control lever and shorter 3pt control lever...again just speculation but they probably did that to compensate for the longer "pistol grip" now available. In looking at JD Parts, a person could/should easily be able to swap out the lever if they wanted the short one.

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
One thing I wanted to mention...Brian and I were comparing notes yesterday in regards to the Loader control arm and we discovered something that applies to the cabbed machines...
Apparently the late 2010, and all 2011+ machines...(we speculate they just used the 2011 parts on the late 2010 machines like Brian's)....use a new shorter Loader control lever and shorter 3pt control lever...again just speculation but they probably did that to compensate for the longer "pistol grip" now available. In looking at JD Parts, a person could/should easily be able to swap out the lever if they wanted the short one.
I had to cut about 4" off of my joystick when I added the new grip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts