Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the quality of these tools are. I am looking to add some jumbo wrenches to my toolbox. Since I bought my tractor I have found out that the nuts are larger then most of my wrenches. Here in Canada any where I look the cost is crazy for just 1 wrench. But I can go to Bangor and get a set of 6 for 50 US dollars.

https://www.harborfreight.com/6-pc-sae-jumbo-combination-wrench-set-61513.html

Would they do the job? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Don

Reactions: Robnik

·
Premium Member
13,634 Posts
I have the jumbo wrench sets in both SAE and Metric. I got them when they were on sale + used a coupon. They have been very useful for the large nuts and bolts found on a lot of implements. I have quite a few Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh Pro wrenches and they have all provided good service.

Besides their usefulness on large fasteners, the jumbo wrenches would also come in handy to fend off any would-be attackers.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: Robnik

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
If you are like me, making this investment in large SAE wrenches will pretty much guarantee that every large nut you encounter will be metric.

·
Registered
200 Posts
For the DIYer these cant be beat, they have a lifetime warranty as well. Watch for the 20 or 25% off coupons that are always available as well. If there is an outlier and you need an additional size Tekton sells individual large wrenches on their website, great quality for the buck.

I was wondering what the quality of these tools are. I am looking to add some jumbo wrenches to my toolbox. Since I bought my tractor I have found out that the nuts are larger then most of my wrenches. Here in Canada any where I look the cost is crazy for just 1 wrench. But I can go to Bangor and get a set of 6 for 50 US dollars.

https://www.harborfreight.com/6-pc-sae-jumbo-combination-wrench-set-61513.html

Would they do the job? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Don

Reactions: Radsbee

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
This is a timely thread,, I watched a YouTube Video,, and quickly ran out of large wrenches,,, :flag_of_truce:

[video]https://youtu.be/F_a8Pcd8k9s?t=3m56s[/video]

:laugh:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are like me, making this investment in large SAE wrenches will pretty much guarantee that every large nut you encounter will be metric.
Thought of this and was planning on getting both sae and metric sizes. For the price it is worth it. They are both 6 pc sets for 49.99 US and will be looking for the coupons when I head to Bangor for the pick-up.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
20% off coupons are pretty easy to come by. Check any of the free cars for sale mags at a US gas station.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
I purchased the 3/4" socket sets in SAE and Metric using the standard 20% off coupon about a year ago. I don't use them often but they sure come in handy when I need them. I did have to pick up a single socket at TSC that wasn't in the standard set. My only criticism is the latches on the plastic cases look like they'll snap off any day now. It isn't a big deal as I'm not carrying them around.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I bought the 3/4" drive Tecton set on Amazon that TTWT recommended. I was amazed when it arrived how heavy the set is. I also their 1/2 inch drive impact sockets I both metric and SAE. I like them because they include every size socket in order.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts