Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured out that I had a spring missing from the pivot/latch, bought one and now I'm not sure exactly how it's supposed to be positioned. The JD parts catalog online shows it pretty much floating in thin air. Is there anybody out there that can snap a picture of theirs and post it for me? Much appreciated!

20140331_181710.jpg

I'll be sure to add a wire tie so that if comes off again, at least it'll be hanging there waiting to be reinstalled.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Pulled the tarp off my 54D,I believe it is the same attachment:

spring 1.jpg spring 2.jpg

I lost mine somehow once so I safety wired it:

spring 3.jpg

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

Thank you, Harold. Now I feel bad about taking that "jab" at you about your piranha blade taking 3 years to get. I really appreciate all the advice and information you and others provide here on GTT.

I ran into a new problem last night - finding a grease nozzle end that's long enough to reach through the hole of the frame to the front u-joint on the engine-to-transmission drive shaft.

·
Administrator
20,917 Posts
I ran into a new problem last night - finding a grease nozzle end that's long enough to reach through the hole of the frame to the front u-joint on the engine-to-transmission drive shaft.
You can remove the lower console panel to access the grease fitting. Yeah, it's a bit more work, but getting to the fitting is much easier.

IMG_1518.JPG IMG_1519.JPG

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Reactions: Myasis Dragon
1 - 5 of 5 Posts