Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a look a a PJ 14’ Low Pro dump trailer this weekend. Very impressive. Just was wondering does anyone have one and could it hall a 1025r with loader and backhoe around? 24” deck height with 6’ 6” ramps. Weight would be no problem and 83” wide. This could replace my 7 x16 steel side and my 5 x 8 dump trailer. Less parking problems , 1 l plate, 1 tire size . Wife is tired of looking out and seeing 3 trailer (1 seadoo, 1 dump , 1 steel side) in the yard. Any Thoughts?:dunno:

·
Administrator
17,260 Posts
My opinion: 14’ will be to short, especially with the loader and hoe mounted. Go min 16, or better yet 18’.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
My opinion: 14’ will be to short, especially with the loader and hoe mounted. Go min 16, or better yet 18’.
I have the same thing but not low pro, the D7. I suspect Kenny is right on the length. I don’t think they make a 18’ but they do a 16’ called a D9. They make a great trailer but I didn’t now go with the low pro for two reasons. Back is closer to the ground when you dump and the ramps are heavy and are easier to handle not bent over.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
I agree with Kennyd. I have a 16' flat deck trailer that I haul my 1025R on. With the BH and FEL attached, the FEL must be left raised over the rear gate to haul it. 18' is minimum if you want to haul it with the FEL bucket against the trailer floor.

That said, I also have a smaller dump trailer, 10' long x 5' wide (inside dimensions), 7000 GVWR. Below is a picture with my 1025R on it. As you can see, if I had the JD ballast box attached rather than the Heavy Hitch weight bar, it would not fit.

Obviously, I didn't buy this dump trailer to haul my 1025R, although, I have hauled it routinely.

I'm not sure it is possible to have one perfect trailer. That is why I have two and my 16' should be an 18'. :banghead: But I will keep it since I have it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I don’t have a whole lot to ad to this, but I will say I have a 20’ car/equipment trailer that I use to haul my 1026r . The length seems about right as I can fit the tractor, loader tiller and rear mower all at the same time. What I don’t care for is it’s not a deck over and the fenders get in the way at times.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Hiya,

I've been thinking of consolidating on trailers here as well, this one struck me as having potential. I would get a deck on the neck to make up the length.

https://www.pjtrailers.com/trailers/dr-rollster-roll-off-dump
Look at the ‘combo’ trailers at dktrailers.com. Brad will build them however you can dream them up. So, back part dumps, front part is flatbed or cargo trailer. I got my flatbed dump from him. Amazing guy. He can build anything.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once again the Wisdom of the crowd hits the high note. 14’ would be too small, my 16’ steel side works well. My small dump trailer allows me to use the 1025r to perfect position it when necessary. So I make an extra trip for mulch. The bigger dump would be a strain both on the tractor and my Yukon. I guess as others have stated there is no perfect solution. Wife says, hid the dump trailer until needed.
On another note the pj 14’ low pro ,price was just north of 7500 including tax. Also that was not a firm number, New shipping rates this season, when delivered. When asked about a trade in , he said he has 39 trailers on the lot... said I could do better on Craigslist . So now I would have to sell two trailers. One extra plate and two extra tires (all the same size) is not so bad It sure looks like the juice is not worth the squeeze.. dump trailer?, I don't see A dump trailer.....

·
Banned
52 Posts
I have a 14 ft pj low pro works great easy loading built good ! I have a 1025Rtlb will fit no problem hauled my 853 and new gun safe and it pulled great that 853 is heavy ! I also trade that rebel 1500 off and got a 2500 power Wagon !

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
I agree with Kennyd. I have a 16' flat deck trailer that I haul my 1025R on. With the BH and FEL attached, the FEL must be left raised over the rear gate to haul it. 18' is minimum if you want to haul it with the FEL bucket against the trailer floor.

That said, I also have a smaller dump trailer, 10' long x 5' wide (inside dimensions), 7000 GVWR. Below is a picture with my 1025R on it. As you can see, if I had the JD ballast box attached rather than the Heavy Hitch weight bar, it would not fit.

Obviously, I didn't buy this dump trailer to haul my 1025R, although, I have hauled it routinely.

I'm not sure it is possible to have one perfect trailer. That is why I have two and my 16' should be an 18'. :banghead: But I will keep it since I have it.

There's a good probability you're over on tongue weight. I know in our province they've been cracking down. It's not just a fine; it's an impound. They've been nailing guys on GCWR. Those 7000# dump trailers are easy to overload/improperly load behind a half-ton (max GCWR is 12000# - your half-ton typically is 6000# or more, meaning after adding #1800 for the trailer itself and the weight of the half-ton (my F150 crew weighed 6200#), your load-limit is only 4000#, but GCWR prevails if your combined weight limit is 9900# for non-commercial), making it easy to exceed tongue weight with a non-commercial vehicle). Meaning in my case, I was legally limited to 1900#...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts