Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
Congratulations on you new purchase! Did you get anything else other that the loader?

Ballast Box?
iMatch?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Kenny,
I just got the loader for right now, as auction season is here in my area so there should be some deals to be had there. I plan on adding a tiller, rear-mount snowblower, and rear-mount rotary or grooming mower at some point. Just content with the machine and loader for the time being; as that will help immensely with cleaning the property I just bought as well as landscape work.
-jdfun

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the 2320!!! But... Are you sure you don't want to change your mind and order the 2520 now?? $2,500 rebate from JD starting today April 1st - May 31st w/ 2 implements..

http://www.deere.com/en_US/homeowners/specialoffers/specials_cut.html
hahaha....I saw that post literally 30 minutes after I faxed the signed papers back to my dealer. To be honest, I thought about calling him and changing it afterward, but I had my heart set on that 2320. T'will be a long 3 wks....

·
Registered
43 Posts
hahaha....I saw that post literally 30 minutes after I faxed the signed papers back to my dealer. To be honest, I thought about calling him and changing it afterward, but I had my heart set on that 2320. T'will be a long 3 wks....
You got that right.. Its been 3 wks for me and I've lived on these tractor sites trying to pass the time away and learn everything along the way about the 2520.. Also met alot of nice guys on here as well.

Also Kennyd hooked me up.. Get it.. "Hooked" me up with bolt on bucket hooks.. Pun intended :lol:

Enjoy

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
thanks Kenny,
I just got the loader for right now, as auction season is here in my area so there should be some deals to be had there. I plan on adding a tiller, rear-mount snowblower, and rear-mount rotary or grooming mower at some point. Just content with the machine and loader for the time being; as that will help immensely with cleaning the property I just bought as well as landscape work.
-jdfun
What will you use to ballast the tractor with? You MUST have some weight on the 3PH to use the loader SAFELY.

To little weight on the rear makes the front axle carry the load in the bucket (it becomes the "fulcrum" point)-something it's not designed to do. You must add weight BEHIND the rear axle to properly ballast the machine and remove weight from the front axle, you need to make the rear axle the "fulcrum" point...think about the see-saw at the playground.

The ballast box is just so much more compact that say your tiller would be as rear weight, that's why they are popular. And with the iMatch it makes putting it on or taking it off a breeze. My dealer wouldn't even sell a loader without the ballast box.

Here is the online manual for your tractor: 2320

And here is the loader: 200cx

Read the part on ballasting in the loader manual.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What will you use to ballast the tractor with? You MUST have some weight on the 3PH to use the loader SAFELY.

To little weight on the rear makes the front axle carry the load in the bucket (it becomes the "fulcrum" point)-something it's not designed to do. You must add weight BEHIND the rear axle to properly ballast the machine and remove weight from the front axle, you need to make the rear axle the "fulcrum" point...think about the see-saw at the playground.

The ballast box is just so much more compact that say your tiller would be as rear weight, that's why they are popular. And with the iMatch it makes putting it on or taking it off a breeze. My dealer wouldn't even sell a loader without the ballast box.

Here is the online manual for your tractor: 2320

And here is the loader: 200cx

Read the part on ballasting in the loader manual.
Did not mention that...the loader came with the brush guard and ballast box. Did not think about the iMatch...I'll look into it. Thanks for the links, Kenny

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Called my dealer this morning and had him add the iMatch. Thanks for the suggestion, Kenny!

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got an e-mail from my dealer; he said my 2320 was "on the truck"...I wonder how long that means I'll need to wait?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my 2320 arrived at the dealership yesterday...while in town today, I "needed" to stop by and snap this picture; they were installing the loader brackets. They projected a delivery date of tomorrow (4/16); I'll post some pics of the delivery and completed machine once I get it....man am I jazzed!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Congrats on your new tractor jdfun!:thumbup1gif:
Hours of enjoyment are right around the corner.:D

Greg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been a few days now and LOVING the new 2320! Attached are some pics. I want to thank everyone for the input they gave involving my purchase. So far, I put 0.5 hours on the machine...0.2 were getting actual work done and the other 0.3 were giving rides to the kids :laugh:.

When it was delivered, both the delivery guy and I forgot about the payment I owed, so I ran it to the dealer after work today (30 minutes away). For my trouble, he gave me a set of the nicer iMatch bushings! (my ballast box came with the smaller ones).

I guess the only bad thing is I do not have a snappy name like "Marmaduke" for mine....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Very nice JD, very nice indeed.

:good2::thumbup1gif::good2::thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congrats! The 2320 is a great machine. :good2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts