Green Tractor Talk banner

Planning 2025R; now thinking 2032R/2038R

6566 Views 47 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Ford8N
Hi all,

My first post on this forum was asking you all to help me build a 2025R. You're input was a big help!

The more I think about it and talk with others, I'm leaning toward a large frame 2R. I like the size difference, prefer the process for the command cut and the electronic auto throttle (adding similar functionality to the 2025R eats up some of the price difference), and the power to run potentially larger implements, including a 15kw generator.

I would welcome your input on a couple of questions/thoughts:

1. Tires - I am planning to mow 3+ hours a week with either tractor. That has me thinking about regular turfs if I go with the large frame, vs radial R3s on the 2025R. My yard is (or at least will be) a nice country yard. Not super fine turf, but not something I want to beat up too bad. How much traction am I losing with the turfs? Will the added weight/size of the large frame give me similar traction between large frame with reg turfs, and the small frame with radials? How tough are R4s really on a yard?

I don't plan to do a lot of dirt work, but will need to dig with the bucket few times a year. The rest will be mulch, gravel, material other materials.

2. I know going above the 25hp adds the regen process. Given that I'm planning to mow for 3 or more hours a week, I think I will run the tractor hot enough and for long enough to support the regen process.

3. 2032 vs 2038. Once you make the decision to jump to the large frame, why or why not move all the way to the 2038R?

There are only a few times a year that I would need the extra power of the large frame, but I really like the size, weight, FEL lift height and capacity, 3pt lift height, command cut, and electronic auto throttle. I could easily get everything done around my place with the 2025. Hell, I could get it done with the 1025. But I think it will be more enjoyable and less strain on me and the tractor with the 32/38. This isn't as much of a need as a want.

One other factor in this decision is that we may buy the 10 wooded acres next to the 5 we already have - and/or we may get a chance to buy a 40 acre place that was owned by my grandfather and by his dad before him. May not, but I don't know too many people that have said, "I bought too much tractor." I know a lot that have said the opposite ;-)

Looking forward to the feedback. Thanks in advance!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
2038r is the BEST tractor in the 1-3r lineup, by far! Not that I’m biased…😁
Get it all now, or get it all later. Either way eventually you will end up at the same place! I choked on all the options out of the gate, minus power beyond and the 270B. Guess what I had two years later? Power beyond and the 270B…

Here is another thought about new implements vs used later. Used implements are impossible to find right now, and the ones you may find are too far away requiring shipping. However, if you buy implements with your initial purchase which you may not have an immediate need for, or only have a few projects for it, you can sell it later for a good price because of supply and demand.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.