Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi group....I have 2012 3032e with a 305 loader.

I have 35 Arborvitae with 3' root balls..... what attachment would you use or purchase....ultimately a backhoe would be my choice. however older 3032e don't have one.

Please advise. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,274 Posts
I don't believe there is any implement you can add to your machine to deal with that. Go rent an excavator.

·
Super Moderator
6,274 Posts
How about a post hole digger?
You say your plants have 3' root balls. I know of no PHD auger that large. And even if one did exist, nurseries will generally tell you that the hole should be twice the size of the root ball.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Renting something would probably be the right thing, the only other implement I can think of would be this:

I agree....however my time is limited to do a few trees per day...a rental would be expensive.

I would rather buy a backhoe of one was made for a 2012 3032e.....
You say your plants have 3' root balls. I know of no PHD auger that large. And even if one did exist, nurseries will generally tell you that the hole should be twice the size of the root ball.

Oh my that was a typo...18" - 24"

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,441 Posts
Reactions: JDGreen-n-Yellow

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I have a 24" auger for my PHD. Bought it specifically for trees. It was about $500 from Home Depot online. That was the cheapest one that size that I found.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Deer candy.
LOL. I have read there are some varieties that deer don't eat, but the one's I have are of the candy variety. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts