Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a way to get the plastic body panels to line up better? The hood on my 1025R and the side panels don't look right. The hood hits on the side panel and I have tried adjusting them to make it fit better and I haven't had any luck.
I'm also having an issue getting the fuel tank and the fender to fit how I think they should. Two different dealers have worked on it and are just throwing parts at it. I thought maybe someone on here would actually have a solution to the problem instead of the dealers blowing it off.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I apologize I don't have pictures, but I finally just got out the dremel tool and slotted the hood hinge and brace holes (at the hood). I slotted them about 1/2-3/4" so I could lower the hood on the right hand side where it was hitting the side panel. After lowering the hood it fits nicely and the side panel tucks under the hood as it is supposed to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here's some pictures of mines issues. image.jpg
Here you can sorta see how the hood and front panel hit each other. I can push it in to clear but once you let go it pops back out.
image.jpg

Here's two pictures of the fender and fuel tank vs fender and storage.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sorry it doesn't look the greatest. Uploading from an iPhone isn't the easiest

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I apologize I don't have pictures, but I finally just got out the dremel tool and slotted the hood hinge and brace holes (at the hood). I slotted them about 1/2-3/4" so I could lower the hood on the right hand side where it was hitting the side panel. After lowering the hood it fits nicely and the side panel tucks under the hood as it is supposed to.
If you could snap a picture of what you did that would help me a lot by the way it sounds. Thanks!

·
Registered
768 Posts
My 1026 has the exact same hood to side panel fitment... not really happy with it, but I just ignore it now as it's not that bad - these after all are essentially plastic bodied tractors. I've played around with it to the cows come home (short of actually modifying things) and wasn't able to improve it much. Would like some pics from those that have made physical modifications to improve the panel fitment.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Anyone think the mis-fitting is a result of the plastic panels deforming post manufacture...? Probably the warming of the globe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have not noticed much about the gap in the rear fenders. (Not enough to bother me)
Hood and front panels gaps bothered me a lot.
I did take care of most of it by loosening up the screws, aligning them them and tightening up the screws on code support with extra washer.
(two person job 1 to hold in place and 1 to tighten)
This got me moistly happy.
If by spring time I'm still noticing the issue I will loosen the core support bolts and will shim one side up to have perfect panel alignment.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,261 Posts
100_0744.JPG This is the up-graded hood brace. You can see toward the back where it rubs. My fenders look the same as the pics. My hood rubs on both sides toward the back. It didn't fit right once which made me notice the rub. It did fit over the side panels but the one time when it didn't come down right I noticed it where it rubbed the paint off so I played with it just by lowering the hood down and found that if I pulled to the left side of the tractor (which is where it wasn't fitting right) it would come down nicely and fit the way it should. It still rubs but it's hidden when the hood is down. I don't think I can get rid of the rubbing short of spreading the up-graded brace that was added farther apart. I'm good with it the way it is so I'm not messing with it. It can only be seen with the hood up.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
View attachment 35522 This is the up-graded hood brace. You can see toward the back where it rubs. My fenders look the same as the pics. My hood rubs on both sides toward the back. It didn't fit right once which made me notice the rub. It did fit over the side panels but the one time when it didn't come down right I noticed it where it rubbed the paint off so I played with it just by lowering the hood down and found that if I pulled to the left side of the tractor (which is where it wasn't fitting right) it would come down nicely and fit the way it should. It still rubs but it's hidden when the hood is down. I don't think I can get rid of the rubbing short of spreading the up-graded brace that was added farther apart. I'm good with it the way it is so I'm not messing with it. It can only be seen with the hood up.
Why stretch the bracket? Would not placing a few strategic washers do the same thing?? Definitely reversible.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Anyone think the mis-fitting is a result of the plastic panels deforming post manufacture...? Probably the warming of the globe
OK Al......:laugh:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
OK Al......:laugh:
I didn't mean to imply that climate change was to blame for the panels, that was just a lame joke on the reason equipment shrouds should be made of metal which can be banged around to make it fit!:laugh:

However, it wouldn't be the first time something made of plastic moved out of shape over time. (Remember Michael Jackson's nose?):lol:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I didn't mean to imply that climate change was to blame for the panels, that was just a lame joke on the reason equipment shrouds should be made of metal which can be banged around to make it fit!:laugh:

However, it wouldn't be the first time something made of plastic moved out of shape over time. (Remember Michael Jackson's nose?):lol:
Hehe I guess this was my own poke at humor and of course our global warming friend (NOT) Al.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know what your talking about things not properly aligned. They way they put these together reminds me of a rubber made trash can.lol Deere needs to beef up there quality.

Has anyone found a way to get the plastic body panels to line up better? The hood on my 1025R and the side panels don't look right. The hood hits on the side panel and I have tried adjusting them to make it fit better and I haven't had any luck.
I'm also having an issue getting the fuel tank and the fender to fit how I think they should. Two different dealers have worked on it and are just throwing parts at it. I thought maybe someone on here would actually have a solution to the problem instead of the dealers blowing it off.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
46 Posts

Thanks!!
This is another fine example of poor fitment on this machine. I know for sure there are hundreds if not housands of these out there with the same issue. I used a heat gun and heated the side panel with inward pressure it worked OK but I was very nervous about burning the paint. it looks like a better idea would be to shim the hinges

1 - 17 of 17 Posts