Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the right rear tire off my 3039R to see if I could adjust the joystick cables to that the play out of them. I found that there is a little movement where the cables are pinned to the valve and adjusting the cables didn't make much difference at the lever. We also removed the trim to see how the cables are attached to the lever. It appears that all of the play in the lever is because of the design of the lever itself.

My 3pt lever (rockshaft control lever) was really hard to move, the spec in the TM is 6 to 8 lbs. I bought a digital fish scale and was getting 20 to 24 lbs when moving the lever. There is a nut you can loosen or tighten to change the friction on the lever. I was able to get it to 8 to 10 lbs and can now use one hand to move the 3 pt.

Automotive tire Green Motor vehicle Vehicle Wood

The 15mm wrench is on the nut for the rockshaft lever and just above the dual scv cables & valve. I have the 4th & 5th diverter so I couldn't get my hand between the rops and 3pt with the tire on. If you don't have the diverter and have help you might be able to adjust it with the wheel on.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Here is a picture with three wheel weights on, I used the wedges so the weights wouldn't drop when we took the bolts out. The two outside weights are flat to flat and bolted to the threaded holes in the first weight. The first weight is flat side out and has spacers between the wheel and the weight.

·
Registered
2021 3039R cab edition
26 Posts
I took the right rear tire off my 3039R to see if I could adjust the joystick cables to that the play out of them. I found that there is a little movement where the cables are pinned to the valve and adjusting the cables didn't make much difference at the lever. We also removed the trim to see how the cables are attached to the lever. It appears that all of the play in the lever is because of the design of the lever itself.

My 3pt lever (rockshaft control lever) was really hard to move, the spec in the TM is 6 to 8 lbs. I bought a digital fish scale and was getting 20 to 24 lbs when moving the lever. There is a nut you can loosen or tighten to change the friction on the lever. I was able to get it to 8 to 10 lbs and can now use one hand to move the 3 pt.

View attachment 807553

The 15mm wrench is on the nut for the rockshaft lever and just above the dual scv cables & valve. I have the 4th & 5th diverter so I couldn't get my hand between the rops and 3pt with the tire on. If you don't have the diverter and have help you might be able to adjust it with the wheel on.

View attachment 807554

Here is a picture with three wheel weights on, I used the wedges so the weights wouldn't drop when we took the bolts out. The two outside weights are flat to flat and bolted to the threaded holes in the first weight. The first weight is flat side out and has spacers between the wheel and the weight.

View attachment 807553

View attachment 807554

·
Registered
2021 3039R cab edition
26 Posts
Sorry for the above senseless quote. Thanks for the three point control lever fix. Loosened mine up and I can now move the lever with ease.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.