Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this little thing out today. Had no fire last I messed with it. Today, it tried to run on carb cleaner. Pulled the carb and cleaned it again. Mixed up some of the 24:1 fuel mix for it. Got it running pretty decent. First time messing with a Tecumseh 2-cycle engine. Starts easily again. Need a spring inside the pull start, doesn't show on any parts lists I have found. The pic was while it was running, but the camera stopped the flywheel movement.
DSCN4539.JPG

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
What exactly is that??

You can only imagine what a brief google search brought up:banghead:

There was no way I was going to click on "image" or videos

:munch::munch::munch::munch:

·
Premium Member
11,003 Posts
What exactly is that??

:munch::munch::munch::munch:
Tiller.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:yahoo: I found the spring (#5). Ordered a new pawl (#15) also. :dance:

590614A Recoil.jpg

·
Registered
322 Posts
What exactly is that??

The reminds me of back when my daughter played softball. I was looking for a pitching machine. One of the major manufacturers of pitching machines is Jugs. You can just imagine what came up on a search. Pun not intended.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The reminds me of back when my daughter played softball. I was looking for a pitching machine. One of the major manufacturers of pitching machines is Jugs. You can just imagine what came up on a search. Pun not intended.
A jugs machine is the industry standard for pitching machines as well as football throwing machines. Great equipment but expensive! Back to the Lil hoe post though. That's a pretty old looking tiller. I had a similar little Toro Brand (I think) the wife used for 1 or 2 seasons and then I moved it a couple times across the country. I finally got rid of it and now I think she would prefer to have one back now that she is getting into above ground gardening. Oh well.

I bet once you get it running right, it serves you well. Old garden equipment tends to be over built from my experience.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the new parts in and it's ready to go to work. Just need to let things dry up a bit!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts