Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any opinions on Ken's bolt on hooks?

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
Yep, I do. They are the best . . . . very handy!! I use them often.

Great customer service and one of our sponsors here, period!

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Yep

Yep, I do. They are the best . . . . very handy!! I use them often.

Great customer service and one of our sponsors here, period!
I'll second that!

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Yes. I will never have another loader with out them.
I have the hooks on top and shackles inside and would do it the same way if I had to do it over. Solid, well built and the bolt-on (vs weld-on) is a really clean easy install.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
They are great. Simple to install and handy in a variety of situations.

Have fun. Greg

·
Premium Member
13,556 Posts
Best thing since sliced bread. A bucket without hooks is like a shovel without a handle.

The only thing better than Ken's hooks is a set of Ken's hooks with a shackle backing plate. :)

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I have KBOH hooks and clevi on the FEL and also a clevis on the BH bucket. Really handy. I had thoughts about the weld-on variety, but I think the bolt on version is much easier to install ... especially if you don't have a welder near your tractor. Welding requires grinding off paint, the actual welding, clean-up, then paint. Bolt-on just requires drilling a few holes, attaching said hooks and clevi and you're done.

I installed mine in the middle of winter, there was at least 6 inches of snow on the ground. Best money spent so far.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
12,408 Posts
High quality, reasonably priced, easy to install and excellent service. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Those hooks will be one of the least expensive "goodies" that you ever buy for your tractor! :gizmo: They are so inexpensive you won't even have to ask Mama if it's OK to buy them! They will also be one of the most handy! I don't remember what I spent on them (whatever the price is on the website!), but it's not that much. DEFINITELY a huge amount of bang for the buck.

I've used mine for:
** Holding a chain to pull brush
** An attachment point for a ratchet strap so I could move an entertainment center in my bucket
** An attachment point for a ratchet strap so I could move my gas grill
** Tying a rope to so I could haul a very heavy trash can up to the road
** About 6 dozen other things that I can't think of right now

Most importantly, chicks dig seein' 'em bolted to your Green Tractor's bucket!! You will suddenly become very popular! :greentractorride:

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
You didn't ask about the ease of installation, but I'll comment on that anyway... Ken has an installation video on his website where he lays it out in such simple terms that even I understood it. He includes a couple of hints on laying out your holes, etc. Just watch that once or twice and you'll be good to go. I had mine on in just a short amount of time.

Buy 'em. Use 'em. Enjoy 'em. You'll be glad you did.

·
Super Moderator
5,368 Posts
You could probably take the time to build your own but... why bother? In the long run it'd probably cost you more, they wouldn't look as nice and you probably wouldn't have nearly as much confidence in them.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Have a bolt on set myself, as others have said - you can not go wrong. Love them. I hope with all of the positive feedback that you have received that you have already placed your order. What are you waiting for, just do it. :munch:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,354 Posts
Welllllll....there is just nothing more to say. So bama, have you ordered them already? :bigthumb:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have them on my fel also very handy

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Don't have FEL yet, but have hooks

My FEL isn't arriving until next week, but I used my birthday last month to get Ken's hooks. The products are first class and the service was great. I am eager to get them installed on my FEL.

·
Registered
257 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts