Green Tractor Talk banner

Please do not use your email as a username.

6K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Sprinkler Fitter 
#1 ·
Green Tractor Talk is a highly visible and searched website. Your new username will be posted in front of the world to include massive search engines and Spam bots. If you use your email as your username it could be "harvested" and used for spam and other nefarious uses. It isn't against our rules, so you can continue with your email if you'd like, we just don't recommend it for reasons stated. :good2:

If you signed up already with an email username, no problem, we can change it for you. Contact either Kennyd or myself and we can change your username to any that is available. :hi:

You can check to see if a particular username is available by clicking on the "member list" button on the upper dark green toolbar at the top of each page on the site.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
But I like email. It makes me feel loved.... ?

#12 ·
Our neighbor is a lunch lady at a school so doesn’t work in an office or anything like that and she tells us she gets about 300 emails a day that she sorts through and gets rid of the junk.
we’ve asked her why she’s always on her phone when she’s with us and that’s what she told us that she gets at least 300 email a day

#4 ·
Green Tractor Talk is a highly visible and searched website. Your new username will be posted in front of the world to include massive search engines and Spam bots. If you use your email as your username it could be "harvested" and used for spam and other nefarious uses. It isn't against our rules, so you can continue with your email if you'd like, we just don't recommend it for reasons stated. :good2:

If you signed up already with an email username, no problem, we can change it for you. Contact either Kennyd or myself and we can change your username to any that is available. :hi:

You can check to see if a particular username is available by clicking on the "member list" button on the upper dark green toolbar at the top of each page on the site.

Yes, please change my username for me to GreeninNC. Did not think of the spam possibility.
sealsj

#5 · (Edited)
Your username isn't an email address when it doesn't include the Doman i.e. GreeninNC @ domain-name . com

Edited to remove the last trace of prior username.

#10 ·
Premium hides the ads, there's a Premium section (private) however its largely unused so if that's what you're signing up for the section, you'll be largely disappointed. (Pretty sure the last post was at least 6 months ago in that section...) but I love advertising being omitted and for that reason it's worth the $20/yr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.