Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Any markings?

Looks like a belt driven front implement PTO drive, but for what? The driveshaft looks like something JD would use, with the grease zerks. Maybe an older model? Like a 318-ish?

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
Looks like an adapter to use the Mid PTO to run a front mounted belt driven implement. The hooks on the frame are also unique.

Also, the springs in the housing are similar to the front mounts used on the front quick hitch mount with the retention pins that are spring loaded. I would suggest taking more pictures with a tape measure showing the sizes of things like the shaft length, the width of the unit, etc.

Can you take some pictures of the end of the PTO shaft and also from a few other angles and post them? And as Kyle asked are there any names, numbers or other markings on any of the parts? If so, get photos of those and post them.

Just the PTO shaft NEW can run $300 or more depending upon what it fits.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
That gray/gunmetal gray looks like a Kubota part.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
That gray/gunmetal gray looks like a Kubota part.
I was thinking the exact same thing. My father has a BX 2300 or something like that. Same color. Drive shaft splines look identical to my father's. I've had to help him reconnect his MFWD shaft a few times. I'll give Kubota props on that engine, it has 1600 hrs and still runs like scalded dog. Been a great machine for him.

To the OP, post that pic on a Kubota Forum and I'll bet you'll get some answers. Good luck with your search!

·
Premium Member
7,434 Posts
Interesting find. Let's hope someone did not take it to the dump by misstake. "Honey, the neighbor was going to the dump and asked if we had anything to go, I had him take the junk behind the barn"

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
our days of going to the dump are over....Had fun as a kid

Now you pull into an alley and toss your stuff over a short fence into drop boxes.

Picking from the box is Forbidden...this is why the fences went up a few years ago.

100 buck for a pick up load....if load isn't tarped its double...crazy

Garbage is Big Bizz now... even in the sticks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts