Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was putting my Z820A back in the trailer and found this snubber (or something) laying on the floor. I took a quick inspection and didn't see where it might have come from. Could someone please shed some light on what it is and what it does?

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

Thank You in Advance!!!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
looks like somesort of footrest or deck lever bumper F'all..

I cruized through here but had no luck...I know nothing about these Z things

John Deere Parts Catalog

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
We had a guy on the Colorado forums that had a mystery part that he found on the passenger side floor mat of his 3 day old truck.
We have as many knowledgeable people there as on here, and it was easily determined tht, it never came from his truck.
He came back a couple of days later to say his friend admitted to planting the item there to give his friend a hard time.

Sorry but, I cant identify your part either but despite its odd shape (and not knowing what the material is made from) it almost looks like a breather sponge from a small engine. Sadly yours is wedge shaped or I might be on to something.
Many an old timer would know what Im talking about - https://i.imgur.com/3inpR9r.png

·
Super Moderator
8,201 Posts
It looks like the grip foot that's used underneath drive-on "Rhino Ramps" polypropylene car & truck ramps. The foot keeps the ramps from slipping on the floor. I've got a set of HD ramps and one of the feet falls out of it's pocket on occasion. It's identical to your photo right down to the hole, angle and nubs on the bottom.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
It looks like the grip foot that's used underneath drive-on "Rhino Ramps" polypropylene car & truck ramps. The foot keeps the ramps from slipping on the floor. I've got a set of HD ramps and one of the feet falls out of it's pocket on occasion. It's identical to your photo right down to the hole, angle and nubs on the bottom.
Yep, they fall out too.:thumbup1gif:

Reactions: rtgt

·
Premium Member
9,347 Posts
Well no wonder I didn't recognize it, it wasn't in the Rhino Ramps thread.......:laugh::dunno:

Just FYI, It is also a good idea to place a tape measure or ruler next to the item in the photo for scale.

·
Registered
536 Posts
In past years, some parts from aircraft has known to fall from the sky. You shouldn't worry...it didn't come from your Z820A.
made my day :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DING DING DING.... We have a winner! It just so happens I store my Rhino ramps on the side wall of my trailer. I looked and lo and behold it was from one of them.

Thank you and everyone for the replies. I also scoured the diagrams and couldn't find anything similar.

2kflhr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts