Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Hoping you can help me id this part for my stx38 with black deck.

Last season I took apart the carb and cleaned. I also replace the gas tank, fuel filter and lines, hoses and air filter. Of course I got a little lazy and didn't put everything back together until today. The last step in the process is to put the hood back on. When I did this I had a little baggy with the extension springs. The problem is I also had this part in the bag but I have no idea where it goes.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

George

photo.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
George- Go to JDParts.com, you don't have to log in! Go to the left column, and select JD Parts Catalog. Then type your STX38. Select the Black Deck, and from there on you'll have to do some 'fishing' on your own..........But that's a start! I don't know what you were into, so you can probably get to the drawing faster than I can! Welcome to Green Tractor Talk! Let us know how you make out! ~Scotty

What's the size of that part? It could be a 'Bellcrank' on the side of the Carb or a mower lift link for the mower........in this case, Size Matters!!:lol::lol::lol: ~Scotty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link Scotty. I went through all of the diagrams and unfortunately didn't find it.

The long end of the part is 2" and the short end is 1 7/16". The large hole which is on the short end is 3/8" diameter and from the dirt marks it doesn't appear anything was attached to it. The small hole on the long side is 1/4" diameter and this is the hole the bolt goes through. The length of the bolt from the flange down is 1 inch.

Could this be what the extension springs for the hood latch on to?

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
I didn't find anything in the parts catalog on JD Parts that resembles that part. Even the page for the hood doesn't show anything resembling it. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
OK--- So I guess we've got to see if this part and spring is a part of the mower, or the tractor! I'm beginning to think that you should 'reboot' your' cranium.......and see if it might be off the last DIY project.........Washer/Dryer, Gas Grill or that neighbors Lawn Edger! :laugh: Just 'funning' with you over here, but it's happened to me!:lol:...................Scotty

·
Administrator
20,468 Posts
I "helped" a buddy once by giving him a few extra parts in his pile during a project that he was unaware of. :lol::lol::lol: It was a couple of new o-rings in the wrapper and some bolts. Good times:mocking:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts