Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So, the neighbor has had a stroke of great luck after his gross road trip a month ago - a diesel kubota ZTR with 130hrs on it in absolutely mint condition. He picked it up tonight and it is a beauty.

The same seller has a 2006 3120 with about 175 hours on it, also pristine, but no loader. I haven't pulled the trigger but I likely will - the price is fantastic, it's only about 1 hour away, and this guy obviously takes great care of things. The nubbies are still on the tires!!!

Please let me know if you stumble across a 300x or 300cx for sale.

Thanks!!

-J.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Before I jump in head first, can I have a few opinions too?? We were looking at 2520 or 2720, so in my mind at 3120 is a better choice - and it's in the 2x20 price ranges.

It has turfs, which is what I was wanting anyway. 175 hours (legit hours, not a swapped hour meter....). He's only asking 16000, and I've got him to 15500.

I don't think it has a rear SCV - is that addable? How about mid PTO??

Is the money saved on his great price just going to go to finding a 300cx??

Thanks,

-J.

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
My opinion, but the 3120 was like the red headed step child for the four years it was produced, hopefully I am not offending any red headed step children that may be reading.:lol:

Sales where low as most opted for the 3320's over it, and was was dropped from the line.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My opinion, but the 3120 was like the red headed step child for the four years it was produced, hopefully I am not offending any red headed step children that may be reading.:lol:

Sales where low as most opted for the 3320's over it, and was was dropped from the line.
Were their problems, or just less desirable because of the 3320 being there?? If it's small, I'm not worried as it's still a step up from a 2x20, with a full Cat 1 hitch, and bigger loader, etc.

-J.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Were their problems, or just less desirable because of the 3320 being there?? If it's small, I'm not worried as it's still a step up from a 2x20, with a full Cat 1 hitch, and bigger loader, etc.

-J.
It's the same chassis as the other 3x20's. probably just unpopular cuz the 3320 couldn't have been much more money. I thought the loader valve had an extra function already built in just like the pre 2011 4x20's. You just need the kit that adds a lever and couplings.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That'd be nice....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Before I jump in head first, can I have a few opinions too?? We were looking at 2520 or 2720, so in my mind at 3120 is a better choice - and it's in the 2x20 price ranges.

It has turfs, which is what I was wanting anyway. 175 hours (legit hours, not a swapped hour meter....). He's only asking 16000, and I've got him to 15500.

I don't think it has a rear SCV - is that addable? How about mid PTO??

Is the money saved on his great price just going to go to finding a 300cx??

Thanks,

-J.
Yep, you can do that. As far as loaders, could you get an h160/65?:flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
There are four on Machinefinder from $4318-$5100 at least three were listed as New

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have a 300x loader on my 2010 3520 and have considered swapping to a 300cx due to the logging work I've been doing. Finding I could use the additional height and lift capacity of the 300CX

Total hours on my machine is right around 70 with most of it being running the rotary cutter or the forestry winch. Only hitch is that my machine is in coastal Maine, but have had good luck with UShip.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Is the H165 just bigger??

The H165 also fits the 3120.
It has more lift height & weight & longer reach.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm having a tough time finding the dimensions of a 300cx or H165 (for shipping purposes).

Any ideas??

-J.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
It depends on how they package it. When Jason's 200 series loader was delivered, the frame, mounts, bucket and hardware were all standing up and fastened onto a standard 42X48 pallet. It was roughly 5-6' tall. I know yours will have to be bigger, but by how much I don't know. If they try to ship it assembled it could easily be 7-8' long.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guessed 10' long, 5' wide, 4' tall, 800lbs.

-J.

·
Administrator
20,966 Posts
The 300CX is shipped standing on end bolted to a pallet like Blake said. :good2:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426292128.068612.jpg

I had already removed the bucket and hardware bag before taking that picture.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What is that?? 3x5x6??

·
Administrator
20,966 Posts
What is that?? 3x5x6??

Yeah, that's about right. The bucket is strapped down between the loader arms. There's also a hardware bag that contains the hoses, bolts, and manuals. The install itself is pretty straightforward and easy. :good2:

IMG_2765.jpg

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'd consider selling my 300x. 160hrs on 2012 3520. PM me if you have interest, and although I'm in virginia, uship has worked well for me. Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts