Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me in welcoming W.R. Long as a Supporting Vendor! Please contact Nelson, user-name: NVLong4n1 for any help with products they supply. You can also visit their website at www.wrlonginc.com

W. R. Long Inc. Manufactures Front End Loader and Skid Steer Attachments. They began production in 1987 with the introduction of the hydro-jaw 4N1 bucket for loaders on farm and utility tractors. Now they manufacture attachments for loaders on sub compact, compact tractors, farm and utility tractors, light industrial tractors, tractor loader backhoes, mini skid steers, and skid steer loaders with lift capacities from 450 pounds to 6,500 pounds. Their product line now includes 4n1 buckets, grapples, fork attachments, square bale hay accumulators and grapples, hay spears, standard buckets, tooth bars, wear blades, front blades, adapter plates, and true 3rd function valve kits. They have mounting bracket information on over 750 different loaders and valve
kits for over 350 different loaders.

They are very helpful people to deal with!

Green Tractor Talk thanks you for the support. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
5 Posts
W. R. Long Inc.

I am curious. Who has any of our products and how have they been working for you? I always like feedback; the best is when everyone thinks our products are great. I also like feedback as to how to make our products better. We are open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Nelson

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
Welcome to DT Nelson. I don't have any of your products-but I think I may have helped sell many of your valve kit's over the years:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Nelson:

Goodness grows in North Carolina!

When I get the loader for my 4520, I suspect I'll be in touch.

Tnx for helping GreenTractorTalk :thumbup1gif:

Pete

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Welcome to DT Nelson. It is great to have you here. This isn't much but, I do have one of your toothbars on a 50 inch bucket. I love it, it bolted right on and dug right in. :mocking:

·
Banned
747 Posts
Welcome Nelson, I see you have several Cdn. dealers listed on the website. Good to know in case I need anything....

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the diverter valve and love it. Works great with the grapple and used it this winter to control the offset on my blade when snow plowing. As a tractor newbie i rely heavily on the wisdom of others and all the positive feedback and mentions on these forums sent me your way. Welcome.

Dana

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome Nelson, I do have some feedback about your company. I have seen many of your products,they are very good quality at a competative price point. One of the main reasons I didn't buy a Long grapple was no direct public sales though. My dealer wasn't very helpful on your product line. So I decide to go with a Millonzi product. I think this is where gator has a slight advantage. There pricing and products are lower end than your(IMHO) but the ease of buying direct is a motivator for some. Just my 2 cents, not bashing at all. Thanks for supporting the site.

Matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good Question

Over the past 5 years + I have had this question asked many times and I have asked myself the same question. When we started W. R. Long Inc. 25 years ago we told our dealers that we would sell only to new tractor or skid steer dealers. I have thought about what would be best for our company and even though it has cost us some sales we continue to honor our original verbal agreement with our dealers. I also realize that some dealers put forth much more effort in selling our products that other dealers do. Also we have 700 plus dealers all over the country so there is more that one choice, however that 2nd or 3rd choice could be a bit further drive.

The bottom line is that I hear what you are saying and that other manufacturers do sell direct with lower prices for a good quality product. We may loose some orders, but we feel it is best to continue operating the way we do.

Thanks for your comments,

Nelson

Welcome Nelson, I do have some feedback about your company. I have seen many of your products,they are very good quality at a competative price point. One of the main reasons I didn't buy a Long grapple was no direct public sales though. My dealer wasn't very helpful on your product line. So I decide to go with a Millonzi product. I think this is where gator has a slight advantage. There pricing and products are lower end than your(IMHO) but the ease of buying direct is a motivator for some. Just my 2 cents, not bashing at all. Thanks for supporting the site.

Matt

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
We have installed many of W R Long's kits on tractors at our dealership. Without a doubt, a quality product, no nonsense installation and no comebacks due to defective parts that I am aware of. I did receive a wrong size set of hoses once for a 790 Deere 4 in 1 bucket. The correct hoses were sent that day, overnight. Install was completed on time for the customer. Cant beat that!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts