Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a new H260 global carrier loader. Dealer mechanic installed it and demonstrated it at my farm which really helped with the ownership experience. I was a bit leary of this setup based on reviews but my dealer manager who is a sincere and experienced person basically told me it was very good and I would be happy with it. Well, I cant tell you how delighted I am with it. After understanding how the system works, I can hook up any implement without getting out of the tractor and do so in less than a minute. Also, can detach from an implement by getting out of tractor once. But what I was really surprised at based on the only experience being with the JD500 carrier, is how easy it was to see exactly what I was doing...the visibility of the coupling and decoupling operation is great. As a result whereas before there were times when I wasn't exactly sure if I had the implement attached or not, now there is no doubt...I can see it. A big difference may be that I am not that experienced with using the loaders, grapples, and forks/spikes so I was never real comfortable before...it seems maybe this system is much better suited to folks with less experience...its more dummy proof I think.

·
Administrator
18,483 Posts
It is a good system, it just never really took off here in the states so getting aftermarket accessories like a grapple or forks is a bit more difficult and costly.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
Ok, I'll bite. What is a global carrier loader? Maybe I'll just go look it up. :dunno:

Well that didn't work.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts

·
Administrator
18,483 Posts
Here is a video, but as Blake wrote it's just an alternative (for larger tractors) to the JDQA or SSQA system:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
Thanks for the info everybody. Now at least I know what it is and how it works. Neat system, hooks up without getting off the seat.
That was a good job you did Blake. :bigthumb:

Reactions: 56FordGuy and rtgt
1 - 8 of 8 Posts