Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we have nicer winter days I like to do some cleanup in the woods. This requires the easy removal of the snow plow and slipping the forks on the frame. The plow adaptor seems really well made. I'm wondering if I couldn't leave it installed along with the forks. It's easy to remove, just a little heavy for me. I basically pull branches, deadfall, 100 ft pines dry out and break off, so pine tops, sometimes I cut up the standing bottoms, so some logs. From the woods. Could I do this with plow adaptor in place. Thanks, Dan

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
I've done it a couple of times. No problems at all. Pop the QH off the adapter, swap your hydraulic lines back so you have the curl function and slide the forks on. You just can't push the forks all the way to the center if you want to lift something really narrow but that doesn't sound like it would be an issue for you.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I've been thinking about making some kind of bracket on the top of my 3pt boxblade that would allow me to slip a pair of short forks on there sticking out the back for lifting trees, etc. No curl function, but I could certainly get under stuff and lift.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I always position the forks wider than the adapter would have been anyway. I think I'll give it a try next time. Supposed to be 20 deg this Friday, hope to get out then. I've done a lot already this winter, not so much left. SST good idea. I'm sure you could mount the forks ok, I'm just wondering if you might reduce lifting power being that far back. Post your question in general form area. Probably someone has already done this and can comment on their experience. Dan

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
When we have nicer winter days I like to do some cleanup in the woods. This requires the easy removal of the snow plow and slipping the forks on the frame. The plow adaptor seems really well made. I'm wondering if I couldn't leave it installed along with the forks. It's easy to remove, just a little heavy for me. I basically pull branches, deadfall, 100 ft pines dry out and break off, so pine tops, sometimes I cut up the standing bottoms, so some logs. From the woods. Could I do this with plow adaptor in place. Thanks, Dan
JimR answered, but I'll just add that it will be fastest to mount the fork tines from the sides of the frame, which can be a little tricky. They can bind up if not kept vertical, which is why they are intended to be mounted from the middle of the frame.

Or you could move the plow adapter to one side, install a fork, move everything over, install the other fork, then position everything.

TomAYto TomAHto.

In any case, it's certainly very doable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts