1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
thanks for the pics. are these plow events always held in the fall? I would love to try to attend one of these this coming year, if i continue to feel and get better. Columbus is only around 5 hrs from my place, so i could get to see a lot with out being to worn out getting there.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yes , Thank you for posting. I have not seen small tractors plow before. They use to have Johnny Poppers plow at our home coming many years ago. Then the city formed a committee and took over all the farm activities. After all the work that the FFA and Young Farmers did to build up attendance , the committee made them stop the plowing , threshing , tractor games ( wagon backing and balancing ). The deemed them unsafe ( because they could not find a away to charge people to attend these functions ) and started draft horse pulls and truck pulls. The crowds are not like they use to be , some refuse to attend at all due to the committee. The only activity that made the committee's list was the horse shoe tournament. Last few years I don't even see the hit-miss guys that took up a large area. They even stopped the home made ice cream that was churned by a horse and antique tractors and horses in the parade. It's sad to say but some of the a$$clowns on the committee I went to High School with. :thumbsdown:
Sorry to rant on , every on likes pictures!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the pics. are these plow events always held in the fall? I would love to try to attend one of these this coming year, if i continue to feel and get better. Columbus is only around 5 hrs from my place, so i could get to see a lot with out being to worn out getting there.
most plow days are in the fall, there is one plow day in Pa. if not two, I spread the word about this one since I attend it.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
most plow days are in the fall, there is one plow day in Pa. if not two, I spread the word about this one since I attend it.[/QUOTE

ok-thanks for info. i just found out about the one in--well along I-79-above the Pa.Pike. i know the Area. i want to ttry and make that one. I'dl like to attend one that has forum members at, so i could meet them then.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
most plow days are in the fall, there is one plow day in Pa. if not two, I spread the word about this one since I attend it.
They are hard to find but I've been finding them in the spring more so than in the fall.Once I get a new trailer I would like to travel and attend more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts