1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And a few more:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Wayne:

That is some good looking old iron. I would like to see a disc plow operate. There are far too many rocks up here for them. Is that your LA hooked to the single bottom plow?

Great pictures.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wayne:

That is some good looking old iron. I would like to see a disc plow operate. There are far too many rocks up here for them. Is that your LA hooked to the single bottom plow?

Great pictures.

Don
Yeah, that's my LA. I appreciate you noticing that. I'll post some of dad plowing with it asap. I have a video of a disc plow being used if I can figure out how to post it.

Thanks Don,

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Wayne:

I watched the video of your Dad plowing with the LA. I don't know how long it has been since he has been on one, but he looked real comfortable on the seat.

I would like to see the video of the disc plow.

Thanks,
Don

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plowing parade

Here's a video of the plowing parade held on plow day;

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wayne:

I watched the video of your Dad plowing with the LA. I don't know how long it has been since he has been on one, but he looked real comfortable on the seat.

Don
The last time he plowed a LA tractor was in 1968. He really enjoyed himself and was the oldest (80) "plower" they had to participate. He said "that's a good little tractor Wayne, it didn't even smoke." :good2:

·
Registered
771 Posts
I believe those old machines have a soul and spirt that lives on and on in time, can't help but think about how much better some things were in the country back when they were new.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe those old machines have a soul and spirt that lives on and on in time, can't help but think about how much better some things were in the country back when they were new.
Yeah, I've been thinking of that too. Dad told me as we watched the old tractors plowing, " we used to make a living with those tractors."

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Wayne:

Now you have proof that your tractor is not just a parade tractor. Good pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wayne:

Now you have proof that your tractor is not just a parade tractor. Good pictures.
You know what they call "parade tractors" down here? Trailer Queens; the only time they ever do anything is when they're loaded on a trailer going to a show.:laugh:

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
I have heard the "trailer queen" term used on restored cars. No point in having them if you can't run 'em and enjoy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts