Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I been messing with my plow, when my mind has gone blank. I don't see any mention in the Operators Manual.
The lift cylinders forward mounting point has four holes in it. IIRC this is designed to run in two opposite positions by removing the bracket-to-frame bolt and flipping it 180 degrees, to change throw of the cylinder, which in-turn changes the forward tilt angle of the blade. I hope I made sense of that mouthful. Can someone confirm (or correct) my senior-ness assumptions?

20180613_104629.jpg

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
What kind of plow (front or rear) quick hitch in front or 3pt in the rear.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Boonie, The purpose of that linkage is to give your blade "float". As shown, your blade is locked. If you remove the pin and place it in the forward/empty hole, your blade will "float"...not a lot, but some. the early H1 systems did not have a float position in the hydraulics and this was Deere's way of giving them a mechanical float. Bob

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of plow (front or rear) quick hitch in front or 3pt in the rear.
54" Front, 4-way, Non-Quick Hitch.
This plow comes from the older (140-318 models) Garden Tractors and is being adapted for use on my x739 in my signature.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boonie, The purpose of that linkage is to give your blade "float". As shown, your blade is locked. If you remove the pin and place it in the forward/empty hole, your blade will "float"...not a lot, but some. the early H1 systems did not have a float position in the hydraulics and this was Deere's way of giving them a mechanical float. Bob
There's the answer I was looking for.
Thanks Bob!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts