Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother plowing with our Farmall M pulling my John Deere 44 trip plow. This field hadn't been plowed in almost 70 years. Shot these vid's back in September of 2015.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Very nice.

That was quite a load for the old M.

I liked that you had the coulters adjusted perfectly to leave a clean furrow.

What did you do with the plot after you plowed it?

Tim

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice.

That was quite a load for the old M.

I liked that you had the coulters adjusted perfectly to leave a clean furrow.

What did you do with the plot after you plowed it?

Tim
There were several problems with the tractor. The first being the throttle quadrant was worn so you couldn't keep the rpm's up. The second being the timing was off, really retarded. The third was the governor wasn't responding as it should. Then there was the really dry hard clay soil. We have since fixed the tractor and it pulls it nicely now.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I remember plowing with a 2 bottom trailing plow back when I was a youngster. I remember riding the school bus after school to another farm we had that was several miles further south and plowing till dark with an old Allis Chalmers WC, at which time my dad would come by and pick me up. I was not old enough to drive. No lights or electric start. I had to hand crank it to start it.

Dave

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Cool videos! I remember being a kid sitting on the tailgates of trucks or sitting on the fenders of 1066's watching the family plow the ground and couldn't wait to get old enough to do it myself. By the time I got there the plowing days was gone and no till was in. From then on the only ground broke with plows was the ground for tobacco. I never did get to do much with the plows and still find it fascinating today to watch the ground roll over.

·
Premium Member
13,303 Posts
Thanks for sharing the videos, very cool to watch old tractors working. :good2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts