Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cottage on a 3/4 mile lane from the highway. Six neighbours live along the lane. I wanted to have the snow removed by a contract with all neighbours sharing the cost. One neighbour has a light duty truck and plow and says he'll do the snow removal and he doesn't want a contract. The trouble is that he isn't always there or the snow is too heavy for his equipment.
My neighbours know that I have a tractor and rear blade and would love me to fill in when it is needed.
My questions are: 1) is a 3/4 mile 15 foot wide lane too much for my tractor to handle without overloading it? 2) would a snow blower be a lot better for the job than the 7 foot rear blade? 3) I have loaded turf rears and wonder if chains would be a big asset?
We get a lot of snow here and it is beautiful but annoying. My vote is to sit inside with the fire roaring.

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
3/4 of a mile with a rear blade is.... less than ideal. I'd look for a front blade or snowblower.

I don't think your tractor is going to have any issues with all of this but a rear blade is going to be absolutely no fun for you. And yes, I'd make sure I had chains available.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,068 Posts
What he said^^^

Reactions: etcallhome
1 - 5 of 5 Posts