Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A had a chance to plow a couple of gardens yesterday for a member of farmallcubs.com. He has 3 Farmall Cubs (and his dad's 1941 Farmall H) and I asked him last fall if he wouldn't mind if I plow his garden for him. He said yes and I plowed his garden back in October. I asked him again if I could plow his garden this spring and yesterday I plowed his garden and his neighbors using his '48 Cub. I recently picked up a fast hitch and a 194 plow so my '47 Cub will be ready for fall plow day season this fall. Here is me on John's '48 Cub plowing his garden.

·
Administrator
17,325 Posts
Darn nice job T-MO :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
VERY COOL!!

There is a plow setup for the Cub that incorporates a "left plow" and a "right plow" on the hitch. Going down the row, you use the "left plow". Get to the end of the row, turn around, and use the "right plow" on the way back. That way all the ground is turned in the same direction and you don't have to make a non-productive trip back to the "starting point".

Dug around a bit and found this video of one in action...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR0kiFAGg2o

I have ONE of the plows. The mate is still sitting in WV because I didn't realize that it was a matched set when I was loading stuff up. :banghead:

·
Super Moderator
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe that's the 189 plow. I've seen a few for sale on farmallcub.com plus there is a manual there for them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts