Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 5 Gallon bucket of Plus 50 Synthetic. This is an annual thing and I have paid anywhere from 90 to 105 for the bucket. This year was a little weird.

First the local dealer is getting bought out by a large corporation. So there were a ton of people in the parts area! They were unable to find a price in the system so there were a few people waiting one me. The only thing I had in my corner was my son sleeping on my shoulder and my daughter standing next to me asking to go.

After about 5 minutes they asked me what I was quoted and I told them. The guy who told me 106 was standing right there. He said he did tell me that number but does not know where he found the number. Long story short, the new owners came over and told them to sell it to me for the quoted price, but told me that their cost was 148????

Did they change oil or did it go up in price?

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ok, so I just spoke with a friend "in the know"... I'm not proclaiming that this is the gospel of oil, but I'll tell you what I was just told....

Its "Common knowledge" that the normal Plus50 0w40 was really Delvac 1. MSDS is from Esso, which is the Canadian brand of Exxon/Mobil....
The Plus50 II, now comes from Northland Oil. Northland is just a Bottler/Blender.... What I was told is Plus50 II is chemically the same as Plus50, He told me they still use the Delvac 1 Stock and Northland Bottles and Labels it for Deere....I guess depending on your location, you might have the "normal Plus50 Syn" bottled at Northland.
The new bottle and name is merely a Marketing gimmick...they needed to change the packaging to reflect the new oil certifications, so they labeled it as Plus50 II to create a consistent brand. The Dino Plus50 II IS a different animal though.

Pricing...Same price as the old stuff, YMMV...that really depends on your dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.