Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of trying to do a three hand job with two hands so I am thinking about purchasing a pneumatic grease gun. I would also consider a DeWalt cordless unit as I have several of their 18 and 20 volt tools. This is not something I would use every day but I do have a lot of things that need greasing. Cost is a consideration, but I don't want junk. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
18,771 Posts
The Dewalt 20v gun with a Loc-n-Lube is fantastic, you won't regret getting one. Dragging around the air hose would be HUGE pain in the rear end I'd think.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
I'm tired of trying to do a three hand job with two hands so I am thinking about purchasing a pneumatic grease gun. I would also consider a DeWalt cordless unit as I have several of their 18 and 20 volt tools. This is not something I would use every day but I do have a lot of things that need greasing. Cost is a consideration, but I don't want junk. Any suggestions?
i have a air grease gun some yrs ago-and it ended up hanging on the wall. it was a lincoln. it would not for some reason back then empty the tube of grease. so i went back to my hand held guns.

then i got a Milwaukee battery one--it empties the tube of grease the same way my handheld ones do.

if u got Dewalt battery stuff, go with that brand then. way better battery than a air grease gun-IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
I agree with the rest of the group. I had a Lincoln air powered grease gun that worked fine but I was tied to the air hose, got the Milwaukee 18V grease gun and I love it.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I have the Milwaukee m12 gun was using it yesterday works great......however I agree if you already have dewalt stick with that line. In my simple mind keep it simple and only have 1 type of battery and charger. Besides dewalt is good stuff

Reactions: stg454 and Maineboy

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
For 2 hand operation I’ve used one of these for many years. Not enough grease points on my tractor to justify the expense of a powered one. Fitted with a Lock N Lube it works just fine.

E687D171-BDBA-41DD-A7C5-76628AB0FDA9.jpeg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With my conventional grease guns, lubing my tractor and implements isn't really that bad but I have a hard time lubing my snowmobile chassis. I guess a Dewalt cordless unit is in my future.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have an older Craftsman pneumatic grease gun that works well with the lock n lube.
I have definitely been looking at and considering getting either the 20 V DeWalt or M12 Milwaukee to go with tools that I already have. Any thoughts between the two? I don’t do a ton of greasing but thought it may be beneficial.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Note Milwaukee makes a m12 and a m18 grease gun, I think either works well

·
Administrator
18,771 Posts
I have an older Craftsman pneumatic grease gun that works well with the lock n lube.
I have definitely been looking at and considering getting either the 20 V DeWalt or M12 Milwaukee to go with tools that I already have. Any thoughts between the two? I don’t do a ton of greasing but thought it may be beneficial.
I doubt many have used both to give you a comparison, but in general both tool lines are pretty equal. I have the Dewalt because I already had a full compliment of Dewalt tools and batteries. I don't think you'd be unhappy with either brand.

Reactions: glc and stg454

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Something compatible with the batteries you already have is big plus. Last thing I need is another type of battery.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Lincoln pneumatic greaser here and 60' of line... Only because if I really had to grease something at the far corner of the property I'd have to go a full 200'.:laugh: I'm another "NO MORE BATTERY TYPES", I'm over-volted! The Lincoln works fine in the cold weather, but I always "pre-heat" my grease gun for an hour or so with a clamp on reflector lamp with a 100w tungsten rough service bulb. Makes the Stihl saws start nicer and the bar oil flows better without thinning... (I always have an "extra hour" to fool around while stuff is cooking anyway, there's always something else to do in the shop...

I won't even think back to the "three handed" grease gun days, what a PIA!:laugh:

·
Registered
496 Posts
I am one of the old guys that still uses a pneumatic gun.
My shop has a 60gal compressor and a 50' retractable hose in the middle of the drive through.
Since I don't own anything I can't pull into the shop greasing is easy this way.

IF I had equipment in the field to be greased each day I would probably get a battery gun.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I am one of the old guys that still uses a pneumatic gun.
My shop has a 60gal compressor and a 50' retractable hose in the middle of the drive through.
Since I don't own anything I can't pull into the shop greasing is easy this way.

IF I had equipment in the field to be greased each day I would probably get a battery gun.
Electric has just about made my 80 gal, 7.5hp Saylor Beall obsolete. No more Ingersoll Rand impact, dropped in favor of a few Milwaukee fuel electric impacts, no more snap on air ratchets, dropped in favor of Milwaukee fuel ratchets.

About the only thing my compressor gets used for now is airing up tires, the sandblast cabinet and a detailing gun.

Reactions: fdmars

·
Super Moderator
5,697 Posts
I have a pneumatic for my 2520. I bought it quite a while back, and I don't even know the brand! I mainly use it for greasing the FEL. I'm guessing it's an el cheapo, but it still works. So I'll keep using it, until it gives up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the DeWalt 20 volt because I already had other tools and so bought the unit without a battery. Cheaper that way. I have been told that one advantage to the Milwaukee gun is that you can set a predetermined amount of grease Pull the trigger and that’s all it puts out. I would like that but not going to spend the money to change brands now. Also the 1/2 impacts with the brushless motors are awesome! I can change a semi tire with mine. Be careful you don’t twist bolts off. Another nice thing with either grease gun is they set down and don’t roll around so you don’t have to hold it to operate it. If you can get your finger or thumb on the trigger you’re good to go.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts