Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Administrator
20,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, our business and personal needs are expanding, so we decided to add a 24' x 52' addition onto our existing 24' x 36' building. This will be a large and long project so I'll update as much as I can.

Key Highlights:
-This addition will be heated with radiant floor heating and cooled with two mini-split systems (probably 18k) with heat also "just in case".
-13' interior ceiling height
-Spray foam on walls, blown in insulation on top of the roof pan.
-Trusses/roof on existing building is coming off and all new trusses will be installed

Here is the plans (before some changes like a larger door and moving the walking door):

Elevation views:

·
Administrator
20,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last Sunday we started clearing some tress behuing the new building while the access was good:

And here is the Cupola we bought for the top, it has a weathervane too, but I'll keep that a secret like @fdmars did LOL. We will also light the inside of the cupola.

·
Administrator
20,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Tomorrow, 7/28/2021, a "Special Guest" is coming to help with the site prep, we have to dig down about 10-12" and do some grading...any guesses who it might be?

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
The drawings don't show a door between the 2 buildings. Might be something to consider.
I'm really surprised how little cooling it takes to keep my 50x100 comfortable. In 90* heat I run the AC for about an hour and then about 2 hours off. It's a 56K BTU, I think.
It seems we'll do better when we add the ceiling fans. I feel we need more air movement when the AC is not running.

Are you sure your special guest is capable? Seems his machine sits some. Have a grease gun handy. :ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
21,679 Posts
I know who, but that would be cheating if I told. 🤐

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'm guessing Gizmo because a project like this needs an experienced supervisor.

·
Administrator
20,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm guessing Gizmo because a project like this needs an experienced supervisor.
HA...not a chance! He might have to "work" 😂 😂 😂

·
Administrator
20,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The drawings don't show a door between the 2 buildings. Might be something to consider.
I have...I don't want to loose the wall space.

I'm really surprised how little cooling it takes to keep my 50x100 comfortable. In 90* heat I run the AC for about an hour and then about 2 hours off. It's a 56K BTU, I think.
It seems we'll do better when we add the ceiling fans. I feel we need more air movement when the AC is not running.
I hope this is true for us too. I'm planning one at least two large fans, probably these or similar:

·
Administrator
20,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did forget to mention we are taking a small area of the existing building for a 1/2 bath, complete with toilet, urinal, and large "slop" sink. This room will also have the boiler for the floor heating and a small point of use water heater for the sink.

·
Administrator
20,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
That's going to be an awesome building, Kenny!! Happy for you that business has grown to the point you need to expand your footprint.

Special Guest - my first guess was TTWT, but it's going to take a lot of time for Johnny and Vinnie to dig 12" down. :) kbar has the know-how for doing site prep - maybe it's him? Regardless, try to a lot of pics and maybe some video.

·
Registered
13,543 Posts
Congrats on ur new building! could the special guest have bought a mini-ex last winter-say a jd 26? well i guess its been a yr or so since he bought his. jeepers been so long since he posted now i forget his name-ha!

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,978 Posts
I did forget to mention we are taking a small area of the existing building for a 1/2 bath, complete with toilet, urinal, and large "slop" sink. This room will also have the boiler for the floor heating and a small point of use water heater for the sink.
You went with the Urinal!!! So awesome!

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
16,619 Posts
You're going to have a fine building there, Ken. (y)

Tomorrow, 7/27/2021, a "Special Guest" is coming to help with the site prep, we have to dig down about 10-12" and do some grading...any guesses who it might be?
My guess is Tim. ;)

Can't wait to see the Video(s) of your project.

My thought on a Weathervane.

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,457 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
If I had been on the ball I could have come and dug that out for you! I am a slacker! can't wait to see the progress.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Nice will be following. TTWT was my guess also.

1 - 20 of 322 Posts