Green Tractor Talk banner
261 - 280 of 315 Posts

·
Administrator
21,674 Posts
The pains will pass with short time. But the shop will remain for a long time my friend!!! It looks great and I would be proud. Don’t let a snag get you down.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Before long you’ll quit looking up and focus on the important stuff like where’s the beer fridge going?
That’s a really nice looking building Kenny.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
I feel like your inspector idiot is actually compromising what a licensed professional engineer signed and stamped. And is likely acting outside the scope of his own licence and authority.

·
Premium Member
18,028 Posts
Love the weathervane! :cool:
X 2 building looks great.

I believe after you get the final stamp of approval , I would still go and talk to his or her boss. No excuse for this, just being a pain in the because they can.

·
Registered
14,194 Posts
The pains will pass with short time. But the shop will remain for a long time my friend!!! It looks great and I would be proud. Don’t let a snag get you down.
Disregard my email. I think you answered my question.

·
Premium Member
12,668 Posts
Sorry that you ran into one of "those" persons @Kennyd

Sheet happens.

Once your new building is done you get to enjoy it for a very long time and Inspector Gadget will be what he is and always has been, a useless spec in time.

Your building is looking great. Actually, pretty dang awesome. But with your reputation, that is to be expected.

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
was the Cupola a Seperate Prefab unit? .......did you source the cupola? ......if so can you link a source it looks like a well made unit
Thanks, it is well made, they used all PVC material for the base and sides, SS hardware, real glass in the stars with one removable section for access.

This is who made it, but I bought it through a local "Amish" market.

Once the ceiling is in all that will become a distant memory.
No plans for a ceiling in the old part of the building, he even offered to put one in but then I'd have to take th lights down yet again! LOL. I don't want to block access to the entire "attic" spaces now anyway since there is a lot of electric work and finally insulation to be installed over the new side. Plus, I like storing things in the trusses.

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
Update:
We have a building final! I wasn't here, but apparently it got a little contentious as the IG still was wanting MORE...I was ready to go to the county office and raise hell on the way home but he finally gave in when my builder guy really started to push back and get loud. Sheesh...what a mess!

Anyway, they finished the trim on the old garage door, installed the new one, and installed the ceiling pan. This is pretty much the end of their work, although I may have them do some other things yet. Now it's time to focus on the grading, drainage, and the floor.

·
Registered
2013 4120 eHydro, 400x, 448 backhoe
135 Posts
Update:
We have a building final! I wasn't here, but apparently it got a little contentious as the IG still was wanting MORE...I was ready to go to the county office and raise hell on the way home but he finally gave in when my builder guy really started to push back and get loud. Sheesh...what a mess!

Anyway, they finished the trim on the old garage door, installed the new one, and installed the ceiling pan. This is pretty much the end of their work, although I may have them do some other things yet. Now it's time to focus on the grading, drainage, and the floor.

View attachment 801279

View attachment 801280
Looking really good!

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,904 Posts
Update:

View attachment 801279

View attachment 801280
That's absolutely beautiful!!! 👍👍👍🥳🥳🥳

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Looks awesome and I'm afraid I am sinning as I look over your pictures. "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's beautiful new building." I think that's one of the commandments that was on the broken tablet, number 15 right?

If so, just call me a sinner. LOL

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,446 Posts

·
Administrator
21,674 Posts
I think it looks fantastic. (y)
I can’t wait to see the slab, floors, and grading/driveway work completed.

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #279 ·

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
It's all going way to fast for me. :ROFLMAO: Looking real good.

261 - 280 of 315 Posts