Green Tractor Talk banner
301 - 315 of 315 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Nice job Ken. You will appreciate it everydays you use it. good luck with it and enjoy It.

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
Kenny when is your concrete pour?
Still working on that...I have to do floor prep yet and it's pretty flooded in there now after Ida rolled through today.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Eight days and still no updates? Come on Kenny, I’d settle for pictures of dirt drying, wet mud, or standing water. Maybe the wind vane pointed in various directions? We live for this stuff.

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·
Sorry, I’m a slacker!
Been doing some interior work on the center wall to prepare for insulation, and some other detail work. Marty has the grading just about completed, and I just got the final quote from the concrete guy. That’s really all I have for now, and no new pictures.

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 ·
Here's an update with pics...not much but it's all I got for now ;)

I finished the lower section the wall, had to move the OSB from behind the purlins out so it is even with the posts to make room for spray foam insulation. I reused the OSB and 2x4 purlins that where on the old trusses. The last (front) wall section has to come completely out so we can saw/bust the concrete out as this will is the bathroom area, it will get framed with a door later.

Property Building Tire Automotive tire Wheel

Wheel Building Window Tire Wood

Had to trim some of the OSB sheets a little, used my ancient PSI "tracksaw" kit that I permanently mounted an old Makita circular saw on that is perfect for this and other sheet good work, had this before the Festool, DeWalt, Makita, and other imported copies were available. It's primitive buy todays standards, but still cuts accurate and clean.

Wood Floor Flooring Track Gas

View form the backside, plenty of room now for foam and more electric.

Wood Building Brickwork Rectangle Architecture

Wood Building Brick Brickwork Plant

I bought some materials and came up with a plan to get the top sections closed up, got started but need some different framing lumber than what I bought so it'll have to wait till next weekend. I started removing the stupid OSB "plates" from this area of the trusses as they are going to be in my way. Screw Inspector Gadget and the county truck he rode in on 😛

Brown Wood Wood stain Floor Plank

Other news: The concrete guy sent over his proposal, I've signed and returned it already, now I need to follow up with the plumber to see when he can start the rough-in.

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·
301 - 315 of 315 Posts