Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very tragic story. A Law Enforcement Officer killed on her First weekend on the job, first day working for this department. She had worked for the county police / Sheriff's department a couple of years before apparently "returning" to this department, according to the story.

New Virginia police officer killed in line of duty - CBS News

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Seen that very sad. :nunu:crazy world.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
That happened in northern VA,,,

Today, Roanoke joined the other cities that had an 18 year old refuse to drop a BB gun,,,
Yep,, he was shot,,,

·
Premium Member
14,714 Posts
So very sad !

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I don't know how anyone works in law enforcement these days. I read she was highly educated as well. Tragic loss of a genuine "contributor" to society.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Surprising lack of information on the perp...
I'll give you one guess...
Actually, the information I have heard is that the guy who is the perpetrator is a military veteran, some reports have referred to him as "a decorated veteran". . There is information floating around that he has been battling PTSD and that he has also been battling the V.A. for help. The news even said that the information about the "alleged" shooter is being withheld by Police and the Prosecutors office. :unknown:

Granted, anyone in that local area is likely to have more access to information than what I am picking up from the internet and national news stories. If anyone who is in the area, or anyone who has seen more "factual" information about the shooter can post what they have read or heard, I would be grateful.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,253 Posts
So tragic.
Prayers go out to the family of the officer who has died; and to the wounded and their families as well.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Actually, the information I have heard is that the guy who is the perpetrator is a military veteran, some reports have referred to him as "a decorated veteran". . There is information floating around that he has been battling PTSD and that he has also been battling the V.A. for help. The news even said that the information about the "alleged" shooter is being withheld by Police and the Prosecutors office. :unknown:

Granted, anyone in that local area is likely to have more access to information than what I am picking up from the internet and national news stories. If anyone who is in the area, or anyone who has seen more "factual" information about the shooter can post what they have read or heard, I would be grateful.
I don't care what "decorations" were hung on this man. It would have been a sad tragedy if his demons had caused him to take his own life and no one had tried to help him. But he killed others. I for one refuse to give him the "poor veteran" pass for this.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts

Found this:

Pentagon Says Employee Is Suspect in Killing of Virginia Officer Ashley Guindon | Video | TheBlaze.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts