Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
I don’t think it needs to have password protection. People should be allowed to give their viewpoint without a secret handshake. Those who complain about the political forum don’t have to read it. Most conversations are the same things you overhear at a restaurant, bar or other public place. Don’t participate if you object to a thread.

What has happened that anyone believes they have to shut down others opinions that they don’t agree with?
The owners of the site have the right to kick anyone off who uses vulgar language, belittles other members or for any other reason they choose. I hope it doesn’t also become that they kick someone off because they disagree with their political opinion.

I think the New England Patriots are cheaters, should I be kicked off for that? Well they are!
YES😁😁😁😁 Hey, they all cheat one way or another,, NE just gets wrapped up in things!!!

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
I agree. Most of us are adults and don't need to be led around by the nose; if we get a provocateur on here, the guys with the fuzz wuzzies can kick his ass off. Fine with me. My career was pretty much dealing with difference of opinion; no need to make it a pizz fight.
(y)(y)(y):devilish:

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
You do realize that he is a sailor, and to them, "I got your back" has a whole different meaning... View attachment 726862

Yeah, I agree that there has been some "snarkiness" in some threads and comments and I may be one of those at fault a time or two as well.

Not sure why, but I've tried to be a little better about some replies.

The smilies helped when you were poking fun at someone or being sarcastic.
Kind of like the "new Navy" joke and soap! My dad would have blown a gasket on that one! MY grandfather too! and my brother Mr. 18 year submarine guy then quit!!! Dumb you know what..

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I joined not long ago after lurking for years. I used to enjoy seeing the friendship and joking,, and felt like I almost knew a lot of the frequent posters and respected them.

But man has this site turned ugly and hateful. Hopefully the admins will get their act together and turn this place back around.

I'm outa here for a while. I just cannot handle the bad things happening to GTT right now..
My point exactly, the tone from the Political Talk section has obviously spilled over to other discussions.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
My point exactly, the tone from the Political Talk section has obviously spilled over to other discussions.
That’s where the ignore function works - as in ignoring a member and their posts. I’ve used it a couple times in situations just like this. However not from the polictical section as that is there for a reason and I just don’t read those posts. But when I feel someone is being offensive outside of there.....

In case some don’t know about this feature - to use it you click on a member’s avatar - in the pop up or drop down you will see links for “follow” and “ignore”. If you choose ignore you won’t see that person’s posts anymore and can easily be undone if you want.

·
Premium Member
7,940 Posts
to use it you click on a member’s avatar - in the pop up or drop down you will see links for “follow” and “ignore”. If you choose ignore you won’t see that person’s posts anymore and can easily be undone if you want.
I am hoping for the same ability at the thread level.

Sometimes it isn't the person you want to ignore, just the topic.

For example, I like many of CP's posts...... But the sandwich thread......just stale bread.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
I am hoping for the same ability at the thread level.

Sometimes it isn't the person you want to ignore, just the topic.

For example, I like many of CP's posts...... But the sandwich thread......just stale bread. View attachment 726907
Agreed - on both accounts! But I don’t see “The Sandwich Thread” in my “following” list. That’s how I avoid it myself.

Kind of ironic....but that thread even in the early days was a source of some of my ignores......until I had to quit looking at it.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I don't think I've opened the sandwich thread since the first few days that it was started. To me, at the time, it was one of those "why are people wasting so much time on this?" threads, so I haven't opened it since.

I don't want to see the Politics section go away. I enjoy it. Overall, MOST participants are respectful of others although every now and then someone will cross a line. But that doesn't happen too often.

Hopefully Stan sees my post here. I'd hate to think that I'm on his ignore list. :(

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
I don't think I've opened the sandwich thread since the first few days that it was started. To me, at the time, it was one of those "why are people wasting so much time on this?" threads, so I haven't opened it since.

I don't want to see the Politics section go away. I enjoy it. Overall, MOST participants are respectful of others although every now and then someone will cross a line. But that doesn't happen too often.

Hopefully Stan sees my post here. I'd hate to think that I'm on his ignore list. :(
I see!

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is just an idea I would like to throw out there. What would the administrators think about having a GTT online poll. Something like, vote to either totally ban political talk on this site, or allow political talk on this site with a password, or allow political talk with no passwords.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
YES😁😁😁😁 Hey, they all cheat one way or another,, NE just gets wrapped up in things!!!
If the Redskins are cheatin, somebody needs to tell them how to do it better. Whatever they are doing now sure isn't working.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
This is just an idea I would like to throw out there. What would the administrators think about having a GTT online poll. Something like, vote to either totally ban political talk on this site, or allow political talk on this site with a password, or allow political talk with no passwords.
If you go back and read post #5 from our administrator - before this forum software change - which nobody asked for - the politics section was password protected and there weren’t any issues like what this thread are about.

We don’t need a poll - just some patience while our administrator gets VS to put that section back the way it was.

·
Corndog Hater
11,267 Posts
I like many of CP's posts...... But the sandwich thread......just stale bread
Agreed - on both accounts! But I don’t see “The Sandwich Thread” in my “following” list. That’s how I avoid it myself.
Huh? What????? :LOL: (y)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If you go back and read post #5 from our administrator - before this forum software change - which nobody asked for - the politics section was password protected and there weren’t any issues like what this thread are about.

We don’t need a poll - just some patience while our administrator gets VS to put that section back the way it was.
The password thing seems silly to me, but on the other hand, if it makes the GTT experience better for some without further restrictions to the rest of us, then I see no downside to it.

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
If the Redskins are cheatin, somebody needs to tell them how to do it better. Whatever they are doing now sure isn't working.

Treefarmer
Well first you need the talent then you better call Bill and tell him he's not doing it right either,, they get caught because people are watching them, why? because they are/were just that good!!!!😊 They all have their fingers in trying to outdo the next team one way or another and not just football!!! Even the refs cheat,, think about it,, who determines the outcome of any game in all sports!!! The book isn't just a by chance thing.... Even horse racing is rigged!!!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
Huh? What????? :LOL: (y)

Just tell them all it was all in fun Jamie... Do we really have to be serious all the time? That's what makes some people boring and life is just to short to be that way.. Heck, even Pappa got a kick out of it!!! And he was also "Other" for the vote!!!!!!! Go ahead people and "ignore" me! I know at least one here has...

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
The tenor of this thread reminds me of the old Henny Youngman joke: "Doc, it hurts when i do this...(flexes arm at the shoulder). Doctor: "Then don't do that!".
Seems to me a simple solution...If I don't like a particular forum or a thread, I don't waste my time on it; don't participate, read or even visit. There may be a thread on here somewhere about "Learning to play the harp", but I can't see me giving a big old rodent's derriere, one way or the other.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts