Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
The tenor of this thread reminds me of the old Henny Youngman joke: "Doc, it hurts when i do this...(flexes arm at the shoulder). Doctor: "Then don't do that!".
Seems to me a simple solution...If I don't like a particular forum or a thread, I don't waste my time on it; don't participate, read or even visit. There may be a thread on here somewhere about "Learning to play the harp", but I can't see me giving a big old rodent's derriere, one way or the other.
(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
They just voted and passed a ban on winter evictions in Seattle. Anyone want a free winter home come on out.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
They just voted and passed a ban on winter evictions in Seattle. Anyone want a free winter home come on out.
They have a similar state statute here, in MN. I use to have rental property. The first 20 years were almost without issue and I never evicted anyone. The last 10 were a nightmare and evictions/ court actions for damages became all too familiar. Between, no pays, damages, court costs, and taxes; it is tough to make money in the rental property business. I pretty much got out of it 6 years ago.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
If you go back and read post #5 from our administrator - before this forum software change - which nobody asked for - the politics section was password protected and there weren’t any issues like what this thread are about.

We don’t need a poll - just some patience while our administrator gets VS to put that section back the way it was.
If I can recall correctly when I wished to view a password protected thread, after I had entered my password and viewed it then in the future the thread would show up in new posts if there was activity. I think cookies may have allowed access without having to re enter the password.

Since the change all threads had to be "caught up" by me or they would have started again at the first post.
I'm kind of surprised that protected threads that I read still showed up in my new post list after the change when the cookies for what had already been read were lost.

I enjoy some of the protected threads but depending on my mood I may easily skip reading them if I have had my fill of politics or such.

I am glad they are here, even though this is a tractor site. They show me the bent of many of the members here and it confirms my own views on many occasions where standard news agencies are no longer reliable sources of unfiltered information.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I joined not long ago after lurking for years. I used to enjoy seeing the friendship and joking,, and felt like I almost knew a lot of the frequent posters and respected them.

But man has this site turned ugly and hateful. Hopefully the admins will get their act together and turn this place back around.

I'm outa here for a while. I just cannot handle the bad things happening to GTT right now..
I don't see things on GTT turning ugly or hateful at all- We're merely and most probably middle aged Deere enthusiasts with wide ranging experiences and opinions. I find GTT much tamer and much less opinionated than other social media sites, such as FB. My wife has a FB page, me? No. Anything posted on her page is likely by my keyboard fingers. She has a first cousin who is on the complete opposite end of the political spectrum as my wife. The cousin loathes the current POTUS and invites all who does not imbibe the blue Kool-Aid to defriend her. I'll never do this on my wife's behalf. as I am greatly amused by most of the posts. My wife knows that I enjoy GTT and doesn't interfere with my activity on here,

Brian

·
Corndog Hater
11,287 Posts
Just tell them all it was all in fun Jamie... Do we really have to be serious all the time? That's what makes some people boring and life is just to short to be that way.. Heck, even Pappa got a kick out of it!!! And he was also "Other" for the vote!!!!!!! Go ahead people and "ignore" me! I know at least one here has...
Of course it is in good fun. We obviously come here to talk about tractors. But I, and I would imagine others, also come here to be entertained. For me, the Sandwich Thread is entertaining, for others, not so much. No harm, no foul in my opinion.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
Of course it is in good fun. We obviously come here to talk about tractors. But I, and I would imagine others, also come here to be entertained. For me, the Sandwich Thread is entertaining, for others, not so much. No harm, no foul in my opinion.
(y) The way it should be.

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
(y) The way it should be.

A thousand likes Keith.. I have enough grief with my profession (even thought I am retired from my full time job, I still have two part time positions) so GTT to me is like a gift from the Gods and happy I found the site! I know at times I can be a little rough but as anyone who actually knows me, I am one of the most giving, helping guys you can meet. I am not a taker by any stretch of the imagination. We have a poster who never had a cord rewinder and I went out and shipped one to him,, that's the kind of person I am... He's one of your acquaintances Keith but I will not name him.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
tj1, I bought and shipped an ultimate Gimbal Ratchet to a member that had only been a member for a very short time, this was BEFORE the Gimbal Ratchet became so popular.

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
A thousand likes Keith.. I have enough grief with my profession (even thought I am retired from my full time job, I still have two part time positions) so GTT to me is like a gift from the Gods and happy I found the site! I know at times I can be a little rough but as anyone who actually knows me, I am one of the most giving, helping guys you can meet. I am not a taker by any stretch of the imagination. We have a poster who never had a cord rewinder and I went out and shipped one to him,, that's the kind of person I am... He's one of your acquaintances Keith but I will not name him.
yelp-that was me who got the cord rewinder. every summer since then, when i look at it in the big garage-i think of ya. hehe
tj1, I bought and shipped an ultimate Gimbal Ratchet to a member that had only been a member for a very short time, this was BEFORE the Gimbal Ratchet became so popular. View attachment 727113
View attachment 727115
:giggle: how many other's did u send one of them special ratchets too. i thought it was just me-jeez:cautious:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
how many other's did u send one of them special ratchets too. i thought it was just me-jeez
Only you.
You're the only friend I have on here. :ROFLMAO:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
how many other's did u send one of them special ratchets too. i thought it was just me-jeez
Only you.
You're the only friend I have on here. :ROFLMAO:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,429 Posts
yelp-that was me who got the cord rewinder. every summer since then, when i look at it in the big garage-i think of ya. hehe

:giggle: how many other's did u send one of them special ratchets too. i thought it was just me-jeez:cautious:
He's two-timing ya Big Jim! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Oh no,,, the gimble ratchet!! What next the hot tubbing bomber, the vise grip recliner, the burned drill! The take your hand off pencil sharpener!! The Captain traction pics by OC. And all of OC's pics for that matter, of your group of banditos... .Ah the memories.. 😉
Yup, it was Big Jim…. Hope it still works Jim.. (y)

·
Administrator
20,368 Posts
I never got a cord re-winder.....:confused:

·
Administrator
20,368 Posts
I didn’t bring my feeling. It’s still in a box somewhere...

41 - 60 of 73 Posts