Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
So of the brands I have owned, 3 Hondas, 1 Subura, 2 Fords, 1 Volvo, 1 Chrysler. I would say Chrysler was by far the worst because it left me stranded twice with under 40K miles. The 00 Ford Explorer was 2nd worse with issues almost all covered by warranty (firestone tire issue, tranny issue at 50K (dealer replaced), Radio failed early, wiper failures) only failure i had not under warranty was the AC at 150K miles (really gotta expect that), and none of the Explorer issues stranded me even the tranny.

Surprisingly my most recent Honda (Acura actually) had a number of silly gremlin issues, TPS failure, Odd oil leaks, interior quality issues, HVAC blower failures.

My 14 Ford Raptor though, that thing so far has been great (knock on wood) with pushing 70K miles. I am about to take it in for my first issue and I think it is the 4WD actuator, I have no issues going in and out of 4Hi but 4Lo the last few times I have used it getting out of 4Lo has been problematic to the point that last time I thought I was going to have to get towed but eventually rocked it just right to get it to disengage. I have 2 coworkers with similar experiences with their F150s (rock solid).

My volvo very few things worked on it but it was a 1974 that I got for free from a friend who said their boss wanted it off the property and it was mine if I could get it off the lot in the next 2 days. So hey you get what you pay for. However again unlike the Chrysler it never left be stranded, it needed to be push started from time to time (bad alternator that i did not want to fix), but damn it was easy to roll it and pop the clutch and get it moving.

Subura is too new to report on but I can say it handles Maine winter better than my Raptor, that thing is incredible on ice and I heard its stock tires are the best.

·
Registered
632 Posts
My extended cab F150 with a 6.5 ft bed has been great. I wouldn't want to park anything longer. The rear seat has plenty of room although I have rarely used it for people. I HAVE had a child and adults in the back seat with no complaint.

Reactions: Kbar
41 - 42 of 42 Posts