Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after mowing the yard I dropped the deck at the waterhose to clean it and scrape it for the first time. I had my box blade nearby and was going to grab it and run it out to the barn on my way to grab the loader and forks to lift the deck up in the air. So with naked Tractor I hook to the box blade no big deal. On my way to the barn I see a couple high spots that need graded down so I back onto a very slight incline in the middle of the yard to grab some material from a tree I had removed and when I pushed the forward pedal my front end goes skywards! I let off and quickly lower the BB and it sets back down but I was about as shocked as it gets. This happens to me twice before I get back to the barn and install the loader. I mow very very steep terrain with my machine and do quite a bit of loader work with it. It’s the first time the front end has ever felt light and especially ever came off the ground. Idk how anyone could use one of these tractors with rear implements without a loader for the balance weight. I don’t think the weight bar on the front could weigh enough. I could be wrong but I was caught completely off guard. I have raised the front off the ground on our farm tractors plenty of times due to either weight or just torque of the machine but my 2025R has always spun. I found the perfect combo to really catch me off guard and if I hadn’t felt that experience before it could have been an accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
:hijacked: Off topic, but my 2030 with the loader off ( I always remove to brush hog) and the brush hog on, has the power and traction to lift the front wheels when I first let the clutch out at PTO speed. But the wheelie is short lived :greentractorride: :focus:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Come on man once it was up you should have played the pedal and see how far you could ride it. Life should be fun.LOL

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Wheelie

So after mowing the yard I dropped the deck at the waterhose to clean it and scrape it for the first time. I had my box blade nearby and was going to grab it and run it out to the barn on my way to grab the loader and forks to lift the deck up in the air. So with naked Tractor I hook to the box blade no big deal. On my way to the barn I see a couple high spots that need graded down so I back onto a very slight incline in the middle of the yard to grab some material from a tree I had removed and when I pushed the forward pedal my front end goes skywards! I let off and quickly lower the BB and it sets back down but I was about as shocked as it gets. This happens to me twice before I get back to the barn and install the loader. I mow very very steep terrain with my machine and do quite a bit of loader work with it. It’s the first time the front end has ever felt light and especially ever came off the ground. Idk how anyone could use one of these tractors with rear implements without a loader for the balance weight. I don’t think the weight bar on the front could weigh enough. I could be wrong but I was caught completely off guard. I have raised the front off the ground on our farm tractors plenty of times due to either weight or just torque of the machine but my 2025R has always spun. I found the perfect combo to really catch me off guard and if I hadn’t felt that experience before it could have been an accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The good thing about a 3ph attachment is it limits the distance the front wheels can come off the ground. . . unless you break that top link. If the top link goes, all sorts of bad things can and probably will happen.

Glad nothing bad happened in your case, especially since it was a new experience with that tractor. I'm sure you already know that lowering the 3ph simply took the weight off the back but would not stop a torque overturn until the internal cylinders hit the end of the ram as they are single acting cylinders. Good move to get the weight off though; that also limited traction to the rear wheels.

Treefarmer

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Come on man once it was up you should have played the pedal and see how far you could ride it. Life should be fun.LOL

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
chuckle.....thanks for the laugh.
But, the fact is safety is nothing you should ever take lightly or you may pay for the laugh with your life.

·
Registered
437 Posts
chuckle.....thanks for the laugh.
But, the fact is safety is nothing you should ever take lightly or you may pay for the laugh with your life.
It was meant to be funny. I did not think anyone here would be dumb enough to try it. Maybe on the orange tractor though. :hide:

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
437 Posts
On the other hand, total disregard for safety does create the basis for some great stories.
Normally starts with hold my beer and watch this. :laugh:

Reactions: CG3315 and PJR832

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Even with 2 42# suitcase weights the front of my 2320 is light with my tiller on.
I can't keep the loader on tilling tree rows for clearance, so front weights is what I have.
Front end comes up coming out of the ditch, but it's controllable and expected. I would not let an inexperienced operator on it like that though!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Even with 2 42# suitcase weights the front of my 2320 is light with my tiller on.
I can't keep the loader on tilling tree rows for clearance, so front weights is what I have.
Front end comes up coming out of the ditch, but it's controllable and expected. I would not let an inexperienced operator on it like that though!
Why not? How is an inexperienced operator gonna learn unless they are allow the"experience?:soapbox:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Why not? How is an inexperienced operator gonna learn unless they are allow the"experience?:soapbox:
Because I know of the issue and con control/prevent it.
I don't like bodily harm or equipment damage when it can be easily prevented.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
....i am lax and do not wear my seat belt..........but panicing and droping the frount of the tractor back down hard might eject a driver thus a example of a reason for seatbelt usssage ......

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Because I know of the issue and con control/prevent it.
I don't like bodily harm or equipment damage when it can be easily prevented.
you can read all the books take all the classes but untill you mount up and start using the item gaining experiance you will never be a safe operator and the chance of damage the first few times will always be present.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
you can read all the books take all the classes but untill you mount up and start using the item gaining experiance you will never be a safe operator and the chance of damage the first few times will always be present.
Oh I agree, but one should attempt to alieviate the dangers as much as possible when someone is first learning how to operate a piece of equipment.

You don't put someone that's never riden a motorcycle on a superbike.
You don't have someone that's never operated a chainsaw go fall trees with a pro grade modded/safety removed saw.
You don't have someone that's never driven a semi pull doubles through Chicago traffic during rush hour.

Basic knowledge of the operation of a piece of equipment goes a long way in how one reacts in case of emergency.

A little common sense goes a long way, but I can tell from your posts you are the type that likes to watch the world burn. YMMV, but you won't be using any of my equipment.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Oh I agree, but one should attempt to alieviate the dangers as much as possible when someone is first learning how to operate a piece of equipment.

You don't put someone that's never riden a motorcycle on a superbike.
You don't have someone that's never operated a chainsaw go fall trees with a pro grade modded/safety removed saw.
You don't have someone that's never driven a semi pull doubles through Chicago traffic during rush hour.

Basic knowledge of the operation of a piece of equipment goes a long way in how one reacts in case of emergency.

A little common sense goes a long way, but I can tell from your posts you are the type that likes to watch the world burn. YMMV, but you won't be using any of my equipment.
I disagree with the doubles. They are easier to get through traffic. They turn better. They bend in the middle. :hide:

Reactions: bfloyd4445

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I disagree with the doubles. They are easier to get through traffic. They turn better. They bend in the middle. :hide:
Once you KNOW how they handle, and how big they are.
Take the kid that's never driven anything bigger than his mommy's Prius and throw him in a rig pulling doubles, stand back and watch the hilarity.

·
Registered
258 Posts
LOL parts of my property are so steep that when I mow with the flail on going up hill the front tires are light or inches off the ground (flail riding on the rear roller) and I feather the brakes to steer ...i have the front ballasted and with a loader .probably have the heaviest 2 series out there LOL. if I put the draft arms all the way down then all 4 or 3 tires spin and it won't climb the hill , its a balancing act but plenty safe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts