Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually when I start mine up and make a sharp turn I get a popping sound from the left rear wheel.

Today I had BH and front forks on moving a pallet of broke down boxes. So not much weight.

Thoughts?

2017 model 1025R TLB with 42hrs

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Make sure the wheel bolts are tight would be my first stop.
After that, or before, make sure the diff lock isnt engaged.
There was an issue with the brakes being misadjusted causing it to not fully release after use.

Other than those two, Ive got no other thoughts right now.

·
Premium Member
13,423 Posts
Usually when I start mine up and make a sharp turn I get a popping sound from the left rear wheel.

Today I had BH and front forks on moving a pallet of broke down boxes. So not much weight.

Thoughts?

2017 model 1025R TLB with 42hrs
When you press the brake pedal it also engages the diff lock, when you release the brakes make sure you move straight forward or back for a few feet and the diff lock disengages. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Will this binding or popping hurt the equipment if it only happens occasionally. The other day my FIL was using my 3032E to push up some brush. He told me later that he had heard a loud pop from the back. I have almost 90 hours on it and I hadn't heard what he described and I blamed it on the 3 pt arms hitting the BH. This weekend I was using the tractor and trying to figure out what he heard. I engaged the diff lock and turned sharply and I heard the pop myself. After looking thru the threads on here I see that others have been down this road too. Reason I hadn't heard it before is because I hadn't tried the diff lock out. With the 3032E having the diff lock tied to the brake pedal makes it easy for someone to apply it and not realize they have. I think he was riding the brake a little. So to the question, If someone without the experience does this occasionally, will it hurt the tractor? Or do I need to do a quicky training session on it for new drivers. FIL has been around tractors for many years so he isn't inexperienced with tractors, just my tractor.

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
It’s a hard thing for most people to get used to I guess but they need to learn that you never have to touch the brake on a hydro tractor. Only possibly to hold it in place on an hill and for the parking brake.

I never liked the idea of the differential lock being tied to the brakes - glad mine doesn’t have that.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
It’s a hard thing for most people to get used to I guess but they need to learn that you never have to touch the brake on a hydro tractor. Only possibly to hold it in place on an hill and for the parking brake.

I never liked the idea of the differential lock being tied to the brakes - glad mine doesn’t have that.
It’s linked because without it the internal transmission brake is only a one wheel brake, and the one is whichever has the least traction. It’s similar to a 2wd pickup without limited slip or posi.

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
It’s linked because without it the internal transmission brake is only a one wheel brake, and the one is whichever has the least traction. It’s similar to a 2wd pickup without limited slip or posi.
Trying to understand - so these tractors have only one brake pedal which is for one wheel?

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Trying to understand - so these tractors have only one brake pedal which is for one wheel?
Yes only one.

It locks the pinion, not the axles so it only really holds one wheel or the other. Hitting the locker literally locks the rear wheels together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts