Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just realized I can't live without a knuckle buster (suicide knob). Where do you folks position them? I just got one and I'm thinking about the 2 o'clock position. Where do you have yours?

·
Premium Member
12,737 Posts
Right... unlike a car there is no mechanical linkage between the steering wheel and the front tires. The steering wheel just activates a hydraulic pump which then powers the cylinder which turns the wheels. As such, the position of the steering wheel relative to the front wheels will constantly change.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I prefer mine at 4 o'clock. Keep in mind, if you tractor has hydrostatic steering, the knob won't consistently be in the same location.

Reactions: Robnik and PJR832

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Thanks everyone! I was wondering why my steering wheel was never in the same place? LOL!
I was contemplating buying 3 more of them and positioning at 12, 3, 6 and 9 then one would be somewhere somewhat comfortable, but it would look stupid. Maybe should post this in the other thread about what gets ya upset about yer 1025R..... Naw. At least it has power steering. My last tractor, did not. Now that was a real pain! Sometimes got a blister from the spinner.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi FrankR
You stated "Ok, I just realized I can't live without a knuckle buster (suicide knob)" Good news on the 1025R because the steering is full hydraulic without any mechanical connection between the steering wheel and the front wheels ( all hydraulic) there is NO kick back through the steering wheel. So not a knuckle buster or a suicide knob just a steering wheel knob.:good2:
And as others have said the knob changes position relative to the position of the front wheels.:banghead:
Regards John

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Mine's at 10 'oclock. Left hand does the steering and I can then twist around to watch the implement, and adjust 3-point hitch height/depth with right hand as needed.

Reactions: Robnik
1 - 8 of 8 Posts