Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the Webmaster and Moderators

Many times since I've joined this great forum, I've started a response or new thread only to not be able to finish and post for a variety of reasons. When I try to re-locate the draft, most times I find it impossible.

Would it be possible to create a "drafts" folder for each user, such that responses could be started, archived, re-accessed, proof-read and improved upon before posting? This would be similar to how Gmail and other public servers do business. Having such a feature may improve the quantity and quality of posts, for example, the one that I lost yesterday after 20 minute of one handed, three fingered typing.

If this feature already exists, please enlighten me on how to locate. Thanks!!!!

Brian

·
Administrator
20,144 Posts
More often than not losing your content is caused by not clicking the "remember me" button when logging in. Clicking on that will save most of your work because the server won't automatically log you out due to inactivity. Typing a long post or taking a long time will cause the server to think "you've left the building" so to speak. Another trick that works is to have another tab or window open with "who's online" page open. That refreshes every few minutes and keeps you "alive" in the server's eyes.

But, there is a built in feature in the software that'll recover your work. When returning to a thread or finding out your post that you typed is gone, simply click on the "restore auto-saved content" button found on the lower left hand corner of the editor window. It will not appear if it has not saved your content or you don't have a need to restore it.

Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 11.16.34 AM.png

·
Administrator
16,777 Posts
This would have to be integrated into the forum software (called vBulletin), it's not something the mods or admins can incorporate.

FYI: The forum does remember though what your typing, you'll see a pop up in a yellow box that reads "Auto-Saved in the lower right corner of the text box every few minutes. If you come back to the exact place, like replying to a post, you'll see "Restore Auto-Saved Content" in the lower left corner of the text box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts