Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on my asphalt drive way after taking the backhoe on and off and periodically pulling in to fuel and wash the radiator and radiator filter while operating all day. Hoping it's not a tractor part. Anyone recognize this?
image.jpeg

·
Administrator
18,291 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
While you are inspecting parts around the front left wheel, make sure your tire is not rubbing the powersteering hose when you do a full turn left I think it was. A bunch of us had this problem with older units. Not sure if they have rerouted it or tied it back so the tire didn't catch it.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Grease boot

Thanks for the lead Ken, that is it. Can't figure out how a new one or the old one would go on. The rod has the press fit bearing in the knuckle but the rod going into the knuckle would prevent any boot from sliding on without a notch. The one that fell off has no notch. I am wondering if was just cut and placed there at the factory and that's why it fell off. Hoping someone with a 1025 can post a pic with the original boot in place.

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a PITA

Thanks everyone for the pics and info. Another New JD headache ! Almost tempted to let it go. If the boot was that sh$&ty of a fit it probably wasn't doing much good anyway. My 1025 is only a few months old so guess it's back to th dealer circus.

Reactions: Levi and joshn3448

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Bought my 1026 in the spring of 2013 and so far haven't had one fail on me. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I haven't had one fail either , but I have seen several threads of owners with this issue . Hope it works out at the dealer .:dunno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts