Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
Most here don't know it, but I have a 1989 316, which came out of the factory with only single spool hydraulics. A previous owner added H2 hydraulics to it, and someone threw some black paint on it. Someday I would like to paint it green again and add new hood decals. Instead of the JOHN DEERE 316 that I can get from my dealer I would like for it to read JOHN DEERE 316H2, in honor of the H2 upgrade. I want it to look like factory. Anyone know of a vendor who can do customized reproduction type hood decals.

Attachments

Registered
T-Mo:

You might try Jorde Decals, Jorde's Decals I know they make all kinds of reproduction vinyl decals for ag tractors and I believe L&G also. They may be able to make them with 316H2 for you.

Don

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #5
T-Mo:

You might try Jorde Decals, Jorde's Decals I know they make all kinds of reproduction vinyl decals for ag tractors and I believe L&G also. They may be able to make them with 316H2 for you.

Don
I sent him an email Thursday with pictures of what I want. Still haven't receive any response. One of my pet peeves - vendors who don't answer emails, when they list their email address as one of their contact methods.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #6
Here is another possibility. This guy normally does Wheel Horses, but he has done other brands in the past. I email him this morning and he already responded. He said he may have a file on hand that may be used as a template on this.

Redo Your Horse

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #8

Registered
I sent him an email Thursday with pictures of what I want. Still haven't receive any response. One of my pet peeves - vendors who don't answer emails, when they list their email address as one of their contact methods.
I don't blame you. If they want the business, they need to answer the email. I have never bought anything from them; just passing on the information.

Don

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #10
Just heard back from Jordes. Basically they brushed me off and directed me to Hapco, who only do decals for the older tractors and don't do customs. It took Jordes 4 days to answer my email and they give me the brush off. I wouldn't recommend Jordes to anyone unless they want decals for older 2 cylinder tractors. Redo Your Horse, on the other hand, have been responsive, courteous, and helpful. They mostly do Wheel Horses, but seem to be open to other jobs as well.

Administrator
A dollar goes where it's best treated.:thumbup1gif:

Registered
They get no more referrals from me.

Don

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #13
I'm still looking into this. I talked to Redo Your Horse, and he's working on it now. I gave him some dimensions and he's making the left and right side. I don't have a timetable on this yet, so stay tune.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #14
It's been a while, but I emailed Terry from Redo Your Horse, and my decals are done. He's mailing them to me and if I'm satisfied they will be $40. If I'm not satisfied, then I owe nothing. He sent me this picture of them.

2012-10-02 10.02.15.jpg

I can't wait to get them and get them on my 316.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #15
The decals arrived Saturday. They look pretty good, looks like very high quality. I spent Sunday afternoon removing the old decals and the black paint. I have to make a trip to the hardware store (or Wally World) to get some Acetone, rubber gloves and some an abrasive type cloths to clean off the residue left from the old decals. Then a trip to get some green paint and hopefully I have these decals on in a couple of weeks. I'm shooting for the Marthasville, Missouri October 20, plow day.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #17
Here's what the tractor looked like after I removed the decals. It still needs the acetone clean up and some green paint before installing the decals.

100_0909.JPG

I also plan on removing engine side panels, pedestal sides, grille and fender deck to sand them down and repaint to get rid of the black that the previous owner put on this tractor.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #18
I talked to Terry from Redo Your Horse and he's not happy with the decals he sent me, so he's redoing the template and sending me some new ones. He's making the black sharper and brightening up the yellow. I also remeasured my hood and gave him updated dimensions. Here's the new decal template he's making.

t-mo 316h2 hood decals with changes.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts