Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my Bearcat chipper over the weekend. I got a handful of cash and a gently used TSC / County Line Post Hole Digger with 2 augers (12" and 14") out of the deal. The buyer and I were both happy with how it worked out.

Moving the boom of the PHD from where we unloaded it from his trailer to where I wanted to get it out of the way convinced this fat, old gray haired guy pretty quickly that he needed some sort of stand and/or dolly to store this thing on. It's heavy and awkward. And worst of all, I realized that PHD's are not QuickHitch compatible! :banghead: :laugh:

If you guys that have built PHD stands could post some pics, I'd really appreciate. I'm especially interested in any that are made of wood as I don't weld. I think I remember seeing a nice one in a thread in the last couple of weeks, but I'll be darned if I can find it now.

Also, I have a lot of trees to plant. I talked to the guy at the nursery who says that a 24" diameter hole is what he'd suggest for the plants I'm getting. If I control the feed on my 3PH to only let the PHD down a little at a time, can a regular PHD handle this?

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Here's my PHD dolly.

Please ignore the mess. It's made from a couple 2x4's, a couple chunks of 3/4" plywood, a few pieces of 1/2" plywood for bracing and four caster wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Along with storing it must sure make it easier to hookup to the tractor.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS to ALL for the replies! :thumbup1gif:

I think I have enough to go on now to build something. And, of course, I'll post pics when I get it done.

Don't worry about the garage mess, Cheesetrain! Mine is worse right now. I need to get it cleaned up soon. As Sweetie tells me - "If you'd clean the garage you wouldn't have to make so many trips to Menards to buy stuff that you already have!" :banghead: When I post pics, I usually try to take them at an angle that doesn't show my disorganization. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
THANKS to ALL for the replies! :thumbup1gif:

I think I have enough to go on now to build something. And, of course, I'll post pics when I get it done.

Don't worry about the garage mess, Cheesetrain! Mine is worse right now. I need to get it cleaned up soon. As Sweetie tells me - "If you'd clean the garage you wouldn't have to make so many trips to Menards to buy stuff that you already have!" :banghead: When I post pics, I usually try to take them at an angle that doesn't show my disorganization. :laugh:
The best thing that I have bought in a while is this: 74 Bin Mobile Double-Sided Floor Rack I had 8 boxes of 2" screws because I didn't know where they were, so I bought more.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't have my PHD yet (or my tractor - will be here the end of April!), but here is the stand that John Deere/ROTOMEC sells for their PHD, for only $400!?!

I think I can make more of this up from scrap I have laying around, plus add some casters so I can roll it around and make hookup easier....as I am sure the hookup on these will be a pain to do by myself.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts