Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a post hole digger for my 2038R, have some fence to put in and would like the ability to dig post holes easier for the chicken coop and deck that are on the project list for this spring/summer. The TSC one seems small and maybe not the best quality. I am of the buy once cry once mindset is the everything attachments the cats meow for this or am I missing something. Thanks for the info! :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts
The EA PHD is what used to be the Leinbach PHD. EA now sells the Leinbach units under their own name. The Tarter/TSC PHD uses the exact same gearbox as the standard duty EA PHDs use (the 44HP box).

I don' know of anyone that has bought the EA PHD but to me anyway, the TSC unit looks like a stronger design. I'm still trying to figure out why EA changed the way the gearbox head hangs on their units from the older Leinbach design. The steel webbing on the TSC unit where the yolk attaches should also be better for strength of the lift pole. That is where my Lienbach unit cracked and had to be repaired.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,681 Posts
I have the County Line from TSC. I primarily used it with the 4520, but my uncle has borrowed it for his Kubota BX2670.

I've dug several holes with the 4520 for fence. No problems other than it digging in and have to rock it back and forth to pull it back up. Ground type will make this vary.

I've never had any worries about the gearbox or the welds. I'll be putting it through more paces this spring fencing off about 80 acres of pasture for some cows.

CountyLine Post Hole Digger - For Life Out Here

Which ever one you buy, get extra shear bolts.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like the speeco augers are only 36" long can you place any 48" auger on the TSC unit, it appears you can looks like they all have an interchangeable 2" shaft.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,681 Posts
It looks like the speeco augers are only 36" long can you place any 48" auger on the TSC unit, it appears you can looks like they all have an interchangeable 2" shaft.
I'll measure my 6" & 9" auger bits this evening. It seems like they are both longer than 36".

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I have the County Line from TSC. I primarily used it with the 4520, but my uncle has borrowed it for his Kubota BX2670.

I've dug several holes with the 4520 for fence. No problems other than it digging in and have to rock it back and forth to pull it back up. Ground type will make this vary.

I've never had any worries about the gearbox or the welds. I'll be putting it through more paces this spring fencing off about 80 acres of pasture for some cows.

CountyLine Post Hole Digger - For Life Out Here

Which ever one you buy, get extra shear bolts.
+2 ^ ^ ^ ^

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I have had the countyline phd from TSC for many years and never once had a issue with it. I purchased it used from an estate auction so I have no clue how much it was used prior to my purchase, I am certain I have got my monies worth out of it several times over. If it were to fall apart on me the next time I hook to it, I would replace it with another just like it.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
TSC PHD on my 4520. Use with PTO in "economy" mode at low tractor idle for low RPM. Dual-support dolly makes it very easy to put on and off. I have another dolly for the iMatch so that 1 person can handle that easily.

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
TSC PHD on my 4520. Use with PTO in "economy" mode at low tractor idle for low RPM. Dual-support dolly makes it very easy to put on and off. I have another dolly for the iMatch so that 1 person can handle that easily.

Pete
Man that looks so much easier than my system. I have my phd swinging from a limb of a carefully selected small tree behind the shop (out of sight and out of mind). I discovered a flaw in my system recently after not needing the phd for almost 2 years, small trees grow! When I was using the phd often it was a perfect spot to back the tractor up, swing the phd onto the 3 point, and take off to dig holes quickly. Wasn't so perfect two years later

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,681 Posts

Pete
I've been contemplating building a dolly, this looks pretty straight forward of a design.

Thanks for the visualization!!:bigthumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts