Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

'86 1050 4WD with 5700hrs on it, still running strong!

I've done a few cosmetic things to it (This pic was taken in 2018) so I'll have to post a newer one sometime!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
That thing is superduper clean.

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, not exactly what you asked for, but here is my 650 that was bought new by my dad in 1984, only has 620hrs. I finally had to change the tires due to dry rot.

View attachment 790257
Wow! That's awesome! Man is that clean, I'll include 650s too

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,828 Posts

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I love the 50 series machines, my dad has a 750, here is my 1980 1050, very low serial #, 3xxx something... and that's my dad looking at something yesterday.

555 hours on the meter, although I will never know for sure it I trust it. It works but 555 just seems so low.

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love the 50 series machines, my dad has a 750, here is my 1980 1050, very low serial #, 3xxx something... and that's my dad looking at something yesterday.

555 hours on the meter, although I will never know for sure it I trust it. It works but 555 just seems so low.

View attachment 790377
Dang, that's an awesome 1050! If that meter is working correctly, that's too cool. The 50 series is my favorite tractor series of all time.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
My next task is to replace all the leaky hydraulic couplers on the control valve. $25 a piece and all 4 are bad, tried to just replace the O-Rings but that didn't help at all. The inside parts are too loose.

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My next task is to replace all the leaky hydraulic couplers on the control valve. $25 a piece and all 4 are bad, tried to just replace the O-Rings but that didn't help at all. The inside parts are too loose. View attachment 790431
Same here mine are leaky too. I should probably replace mine too

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Same here mine are leaky too. I should probably replace mine too
I looked around and can't find a better deal than just getting em at Tractor Supply.

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Thanks, saves me time looking for them(y). Just gotta make sure I do it right, that's a little pricey of a repair.
Its as simple as removing the old couplers from the hoses / valve body and installing the new ones with some thread tape. I THINK yours would also have the same 1/4" couplers.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Its as simple as removing the old couplers from the hoses / valve body and installing the new ones with some thread tape. I THINK yours would also have the same 1/4" couplers.
I think you are right also, my 750 had that size on the loader control valves (my tractor was missing the loader but had the control valve). But it really shouldn't matter as long as they will thread onto the hoses, and you replace both the male and female, you could have any style hydraulic coupling there.

Kenny (Bolt on Hooks) on here runs an online store and has a ton of hydraulic fittings. I recommend you deal with him, he helps make this site what it is!

I'll get pictures of my 750... but it aint pretty.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I think you are right also, my 750 had that size on the loader control valves (my tractor was missing the loader but had the control valve). But it really shouldn't matter as long as they will thread onto the hoses, and you replace both the male and female, you could have any style hydraulic coupling there.

Kenny (Bolt on Hooks) on here runs an online store and has a ton of hydraulic fittings. I recommend you deal with him, he helps make this site what it is!

I'll get pictures of my 750... but it aint pretty.
I think ugly tractors are more interesting than shiny new ones with no character.

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My couplers are stock so I think they would be the same. Our control valves look the same

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.